Ford Focus ST Forum banner
29961 - 29980 of 30479 Posts

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Monster FMIC, Turbosmart BPV, ALEX' Shift Bushings,PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
1,387 Posts
Found what 'blew off' (more like blew up!) yesterday... Hopefully the 20 miles like that didn't cause any major issues.
View attachment 391664

Also, since the hood was popped, decided to swap the Cobb STS plate adapter for the Breedt STS arm. Gotta say, definitely not a fan of the Breedt, but I really liked the design and was hoping for cleaner gate movement. It's worse, and you can see how much the cable gets bent to line up with either of them. It is worse on the Breedt. After this observation, I replaced the stock swing arm thing and the COBB STS plate, but dropped from 40% throw reduction to 30%... It's actually much better now. /sigh, could have/should have/would have gotten a proper ST shifter if I'd have known the time and money before hand. Live and learn!
View attachment 391665

View attachment 391666

View attachment 391667
They gotta make a better vac cap? Those don't last that long. I think I replaced 1 less than a year.

A small spring clamp works better than a screw drive clamp. Have those in a box behind counter at Napa here.

Cable ends will make a much improved shift feel, but require destroying the stock ends to use them. Not sure which to recommend, tho. The JBR arm I have came with a flat top ball stud for the arm, and that one has some extra vertical play with their ends I don't like. Shift feel is great, tho.

I plan to get a round top ball stud to see if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Yeah, that little wormdrive clamp was apparently on too tight initially, but I can't say I trust the new vac cap either. The rubber/vinyl/whatever is pretty flimsy @ 65°, so who knows what butter it turns into at engine bay temps 💀

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,009 Posts
Reactions: Tcwell

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Monster FMIC, Turbosmart BPV, ALEX' Shift Bushings,PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
1,387 Posts
Ha that was no fun! I tried throwing you off with the Ford badge.
Next up for the merkur is a good cleaning...its been in storage over a year

Good eye!
XR4ti? I remember the commercials and car mag ads.

I guess overall that was better than Ford's plan to have the Probe replace the Mustang, even if it didn't sell well here.

·
Registered
*2016 Ford Focus ST
352 Posts
Aftermarket headlights arriving today, will have a picture of the before and after uploaded later after work.

·
Registered
86 Posts
XR4ti? I remember the commercials and car mag ads.

I guess overall that was better than Ford's plan to have the Probe replace the Mustang, even if it didn't sell well here.
Yeah I don't think the usa was ready for a turbocharged 4 cylinder car in the 80s.

My dad loved the styling of the xr4ti, I bought it to make him happy haha. It was a steaming pile when I first got it. (Think about 1998 or so?) Not that much has changed now, just a whole bunch of additional parts and time spent wrenching.

The best thing I like about it is the right wheels spin when you floor it!!

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,009 Posts
Ha that was no fun! I tried throwing you off with the Ford badge.
Next up for the merkur is a good cleaning...its been in storage over a year

Good eye!
Is that a Sierra bumper from across the pond, or just a badge swap?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Is that a Sierra bumper from across the pond, or just a badge swap?
Its an ABS repop of the Sierra cosworth grill. The badge isn't an exact fit, I think I stole every ford emblem from the akron pull a part until I found one that fit! 🤣 (sorry pull a part people)
The whole car needs a paint job so its just gonna stay ghetto fabulous black until then. Don't want a shiny new grill and a 35 year old paint job next to each other

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Yeah I don't think the usa was ready for a turbocharged 4 cylinder car in the 80s.

My dad loved the styling of the xr4ti, I bought it to make him happy haha. It was a steaming pile when I first got it. (Think about 1998 or so?) Not that much has changed now, just a whole bunch of additional parts and time spent wrenching.

The best thing I like about it is the right wheels spin when you floor it!!
eh? the 80's has the Chrysler Conquest TSI / Mitsubishi Starion:

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,325 Posts
Taught my 16 year old daughter how to change the oil in the car, and I installed this as a stealthy force-feeder of what (thin) air we have out here...

Yeah, I know it's dirty... Haven't had a chance to clean it yet with all the nasty roads and rain we've had recently... And since it's supposed to rain for the next 6 days I don't intend to do anything with it until then.

·
Registered
*2016 Ford Focus ST
352 Posts
Here you go. New aftermarket headlights. Very pleased with the product. Only thing is the new housing have H7 bulbs so I can’t use my LED bulbs in the new ones but I’ll buy new led bulbs. Just finished my all black theme for the car going to focus next on getting the intake valves clean and just overall making sure the car is taking care of. Hope you all like it.

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,325 Posts
Here you go. New aftermarket headlights. Very pleased with the product. Only thing is the new housing have H7 bulbs so I can’t use my LED bulbs in the new ones but I’ll buy new led bulbs. Just finished my all black theme for the car going to focus next on getting the intake valves clean and just overall making sure the car is taking care of. Hope you all like it. View attachment 391694 View attachment 391695 View attachment 391696 View attachment 391697 View attachment 391698
How much were they?

Reactions: ST1Dale

·
Registered
*2016 Ford Focus ST
352 Posts
How much were they?
They were $350 shipped, shipping was like 4 days. Didn’t wanna go to crazy with just headlights as I am trying to save up to go big turbo within time.

Reactions: rob99rt

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
They were $350 shipped, shipping was like 4 days. Didn’t wanna go to crazy with just headlights as I am trying to save up to go big turbo within time.
Check out the Garrett PowerMax drop in turbo replacement that's coming out in a couple days. It's about almost a third of the price of a big turbo and you can use your existing down pipe, charge pipes and blow off valve.

·
Registered
*2016 Ford Focus ST
352 Posts
Check out the Garrett PowerMax drop in turbo replacement that's coming out in a couple days. It's about almost a third of the price of a big turbo and you can use your existing down pipe, charge pipes and blow off valve.
Well that sounds good to me, preciate the heads up. I thought I seen a forum like that posted just haven’t fully read the post yet. Will keep a eye out for it for sure.

Reactions: TurboGT
29961 - 29980 of 30479 Posts