Ford Focus ST Forum banner

29941 - 29960 of 30221 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
3,510 Posts
Tune it.... just the tip...
Until i get the powermax, my only options are OTS tunes. :sick:

The devil on my shoulder is telling me to load the 91 tune with 93 in the tank, though.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Cabin filter changed. Stinky smell from AC cent upon start up alerted me it was time to swap it out. I have changed it 3 time now since owning the car and I’m only at 27k. Gotta love Texas humidity.

·
Registered
37 Posts
BCM Modding night! I had my computer all set to go with FoCCCus and Extened License FORScan. Had downloaded my customized FoCCCus xml file.
Got my ELM327 adapter this morning, adjusted advanced settings, setup COM and baud settings in FORScan.

Plugged into car, launched FoCCCus, connected with out issue.
Read BCM, and backed up stock.
Loaded my modded xml, wrote to BCM.
Cleared DTCs with FORScan.

Ez pz.

-Enabled global windows, and also learned about the trick to roll up windows with the door-lock pad by push and holding.
-Disabled shift light (finally..).
-Disabled auto-locks (but, just now realized I forgot to test/confirm this one).
-Enabled bambi mode, this will be nice for a long night drive I have coming up.
-Disabled double-honk with FORScan, now I don't have to be scared every time I forget the fob in my pocket w/ car running, why is this even a thing?

Fun little project.

Big project this weekend will include FMIC, RMM, and HyperDipping wheels.. SToked. ;)

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Had it appraised for trade in on a pretty blue car.
View attachment 391390
Drove said pretty blue car.
Drift mode is fun, the rest is gross.
Slow AF. Got gapped by a camaro on the test drive, looked like a 6 cyl but had some mods possibly. Definitely had an exhaust.
St pulls much harder.
Returned to dealership, they offered 5k for my 16' with 80k miles, I probably could sell it privately for at least 10k. They want 35k for the RS and won't budge.
Told them they were smoking crack, nicely.
Who tf if gonna pay 25k more for the same car with AWD that doesn't pull as hard?
I'll just go buy a beater subie for that kinda money. Lol

Oh, and the coolant was low, headgasket had not had a recall and it was missing HARD the entire test drive. Steam from the exaust on an 85° day.....Hmmmmmm. Maybe I'll buy it for cheap when it lets go. Haha
I find this interesting. I was initially after an RS, but after driving a new one and a new ST back to back- I just couldn't stomach the roughly $40k price tag. That expense looked particularly steep since I found a new ST3 (5 miles) for $21,500, so while the RS looks cool (in my opinion) and is a bit more hardcore- I did not think it was twice as cool or worth twice the money to me versus an ST. I really enjoy my ST3, and I do not regret skipping the RS for my boring daily driver / work commuter / family toting needs. I do like them, and in my experience- they are fun, interesting cars- but would be an expensive extravagance in my usage case. I think it would be a fun weekend car, and will gain in value as a unique Ford Performance creation from a sadly bygone era.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I took a deep breath, and with an adolescent type mind-set took off from a red light and crossed into the 30k mark...

It was only then that I realized I had another 6k on factory warranty, but time would expire before the mileage. Go figure! Still have a Subaru mindset I guess? I thought I was crossing the red tape for some reason >.>

@Skykri , I was honestly impressed with the power in the RS. Needs to be in sport or track mode (custom for me since the suspension was rock hard!), but how smooth the power comes on was really nice. Definitely didn't think it was worth it once I calculated $4-5k for new suspension, but still a very cool car with blue Brembos =D I wasn't impressed enough to buy it either 😌

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Turbosmart BPV, PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM, JBR SS Arm, 245/40R18
1,177 Posts
Replaced a fog light bulb that went out the other day, only took a few minutes but was an awkward hand position to do it on the driver side. View attachment 391628
I think you should mount those horns where the Ford badge is on the front and be the real Boss! 😁

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
3,510 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,510 Posts
Did some datalogging on my way to work on stage 0. Loaded it up on livelink and vdyno to check it out. vdyno seems high, 252whp 275wtq.

Reactions: ST1Dale

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Radium PCV catch can and PCV baffle plate.
Long overdue.
20210514_231056.jpg

Defouler installed as well as some wheel spacers.
Valves look okish for 82k miles. Here are the worst examples.
20210514_224943.jpg

20210514_224924.jpg

20210514_224826.jpg

20210514_224731.jpg

Walnut blasting or just let the WMI kit im getting ready to buy steam clean them slowly?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Found what 'blew off' (more like blew up!) yesterday... Hopefully the 20 miles like that didn't cause any major issues.

Also, since the hood was popped, decided to swap the Cobb STS plate adapter for the Breedt STS arm. Gotta say, definitely not a fan of the Breedt, but I really liked the design and was hoping for cleaner gate movement. It's worse, and you can see how much the cable gets bent to line up with either of them. It is worse on the Breedt. After this observation, I replaced the stock swing arm thing and the COBB STS plate, but dropped from 40% throw reduction to 30%... It's actually much better now. /sigh, could have/should have/would have gotten a proper ST shifter if I'd have known the time and money before hand. Live and learn!

29941 - 29960 of 30221 Posts