Ford Focus ST Forum banner

29921 - 29940 of 30114 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Been busy the last couple days prepping wheels for HyperDip..
150 grit on the worst of it. Then 220, then 320, then 400, then 600, then 800, then 1500, then 1500 wet.
This wheels is the worst of the curb rashed.. The rest all needed attention but only the edges.
Sore fingers, wrists and body from sitting on the ground for 5-6+ hours..
Its not perfect, and could use more time/effort. But, I've done enough with the wheels on the car.
I'll live with the knicks as long as they are all one color when painted. At least they are much smoother than they were.

Never again do I want to deal with curbed wheels.

Should have let the seller/dealer fix them before I took it (I got a reduced price instead), but I wanted the car more than I wanted pretty rims at the time. lol

Next I need to figure out how to fix the front bumper that is also scratched up, likely from the incident that caused the curb rash. Likely something I'll have to have a body shop do, I'd like the have some paint correction and touch up done as well. But, I fear that is going to be a bit more expensive and time consuming than I want at this time.

·
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
3,397 Posts
@SPIinDisguise you make such massive progress in such a small timeframe. Bravo.

·
Super Moderator
9,502 Posts
I auto-folded the passenger mirror on my truck this morning; wasn't watching as I pulled out of the garage (was a bit too close to the garage door track). :(

Fortunately it does fold!

Reactions: W4R and TurboGT

·
Registered
428 Posts
Looked at it. First day of hernia surgery recovery. I’m looking at and will call for availability on a 4 port this week. 6-8 weeks off I should be able to install and get tuned. I’d like to book dyno tuning with Nishan but if I can’t I’ll go back to FreekTune at he’s done great by me in the past.

·
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
3,397 Posts
Looked at it. First day of hernia surgery recovery. I’m looking at and will call for availability on a 4 port this week. 6-8 weeks off I should be able to install and get tuned. I’d like to book dyno tuning with Nishan but if I can’t I’ll go back to FreekTune at he’s done great by me in the past.
Best wishes on recovery! It isnt fast, thats for sure. My dad had 4 tears fixed last year.

·
Registered
434 Posts

Front splitter installed.
Also washed and waxed.
@ST1Dale thx for posting the link on this splitter. Bought one right away and fit nicely.

29921 - 29940 of 30114 Posts