Ford Focus ST Forum banner

28461 - 28480 of 28897 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
I see one on Ebay motors.
I would imagine I have the adapter since it mates to my factor downpipe.

·
2,089 Posts
I see one on Ebay motors.
I would imagine I have the adapter since it mates to my factor downpipe.
You have the 2.5 inch adapter, its necked down at the flange.

I just found that downpipe on ebay. Its a very good deal!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
You have the 2.5 inch adapter, its necked down at the flange.

I just found that downpipe on ebay. Its a very good deal!!
I just emailed them.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Quick question.
Are you getting CEL running that Downpipe?

·
2,089 Posts
Quick question.
Are you getting CEL running that Downpipe?
I just installed the vibrant J defouler. Hopefully i don't have one pop up.

Attachments

·
2,089 Posts
Purchased Thermal R&D downpipe. Now I need an Cobb AP....A Stratified Tune and a FMIC.
FYI, full throttle is A LOT louder. I did a rip about 1/4 mile down the road from my house coming home, and i walk in the house and my wife was like "was that you that just did a pull?".

·
2,089 Posts
I'll Also add, ill agree with everyone else that installs a downpipe on the stock tune and feels a difference in top end power. Obviously torque targets cause me to not make any more peak power, but the sharp power dropoff above 5500rpm is noticeably reduced.

Reactions: ddfred

·
Registered
199 Posts
So you are saying you dont have a tune?
You installed the downpipe on a factory setup?
I was wondering if i could do that, if there would be any adverse effects. I was going to do some research.

·
2,089 Posts
So you are saying you dont have a tune?
You installed the downpipe on a factory setup?
I was wondering if i could do that, if there would be any adverse effects. I was going to do some research.
Yes you can. The only thing You need to install is a Vibrant J defouler in the downstream O2 sensor to prevent a P0420 catalyst efficiency code. Otherwise no adverse effects.

I still recommend an intercooler. Thats another mod you can feel the difference from even on stock tune.

Reactions: Coolpool

·
Registered
171 Posts
Ya know Megan racing makes a downpipe tbags like super super cheap for our cars? Kind of a waste of money getting the competitors products when it’s the exact same thing but with a different name?

·
Super Moderator
8,274 Posts
Ya know Megan racing makes a downpipe tbags like super super cheap for our cars? Kind of a waste of money getting the competitors products when it’s the exact same thing but with a different name?
Not exactly the same thing; it does not have the bracket that mounts to the lower trans/engine mount, and that flex section looks pretty short/stiff. Which down pipe are you comparing it to?

·
Registered
381 Posts
I just installed the vibrant J defouler. Hopefully i don't have one pop up.
Did you have to remove the Downpipe or was it easy to do it while its on there?

·
2,089 Posts
Did you have to remove the Downpipe or was it easy to do it while its on there?
I installed it off the car before putting the downpipe in. I think depending on where the bung is clocked on various downpipes will determine if youll be able to spin it in there or not.

·
Registered
29 Posts
you really should remove the downpipe if your going to add a defouler, I went full bolt on last weekend and having the downpipe off the car made adding a defouler much easier.

·
Registered
2017 Focus ST-3
45 Posts
Getting cold in the UK now so I fitted the Bridgestone Blizzaks in preparation for the three days of snow we might get. Be interesting to see how they perform in the far more likely freezing rain...
For info, if anyone in the UK is interested, they're fitted to ITWheels Michelle Matt Black rims. They look more satin than matt to me but I like them.

·
2,089 Posts
@pjmuk i love the wheels!

28461 - 28480 of 28897 Posts