Ford Focus ST Forum banner

28441 - 28460 of 28472 Posts

·
Administrator
9,679 Posts
hmmmm....well I'll see what they are like. I could throw them in her fog lights if they are too bad. Our local parts store has Philips ones on sale. I was thinking about giving them a look as well.
Yeah, the euro FiST headlights are projector housings, which makes LED and HID mire acceptable to run.

My buddy has a FiST, hence my curiousity.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I am waiting for more deals on Raptor Racing......Come on give me some BF Deals.
I put a mountune IC in my basket and they said 331USD shipping to canada....o_O
I emailed them and they said something is wrong its only 155USD. That's still crazy for a 20lb package.
I paid less than that for my ESP and that came from Texas not Toronto! That shipping is ridiculous!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I paid less than that for my ESP and that came from Texas not Toronto! That shipping is ridiculous!
I am struggling to find performance shops in canada that carry tuner stuff for our cars.
These performance shops need to realize we have moved on from pushrod V-8's....lol
I still love my FoxBody Mustangs but come on guys.

Reactions: Coolpool and W4R

·
Registered
205 Posts
The glare from your taillights in that pic is blinding me. Are those LEDs? ;)
yup but its off I think maybe the camera applied filters or HDR?

·
Registered
2013 Focus ST; Tangerine Scream
5 Posts
yup but its off I think maybe the camera applied filters or HDR?
I was not being serious. I will say I did enjoy the exchange from this thread. I have LED fogs but based on the
cutoff can't imagine they are a problem for oncoming drivers.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I am struggling to find performance shops in canada that carry tuner stuff for our cars.
These performance shops need to realize we have moved on from pushrod V-8's....lol
I still love my FoxBody Mustangs but come on guys.
It's a struggle. Tdot,Raptor, maybe Mountune Canada and that's about it. I also hhhhaaaaattteee dealing with UPS! The brokerage charges are bad enough that I started using a third party broker for the fees.

In other news, I installed Sync 3.4 via Cyanlabs. So far I like it but I really haven't had the chance to play with it. I'll go through it tomorrow.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I was not being serious. I will say I did enjoy the exchange from this thread. I have LED fogs but based on the
cutoff can't imagine they are a problem for oncoming drivers.
bruh! lol I wasnt sure at that point and didnt mean to come off wrong.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I did order LED Headlights for my daughters FiST. Dark winter nights I want her to see better. Also my practical side.
Wants daughter to see better yet orders bulbs with terrible output and questionable reliability.... Makes sense.... Do a H9 swap with some night breakers and you’ll actually upgrade the lighting instead of downgrading.

·
Registered
70 Posts

·
1,733 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST
150 Posts
Finally got around to removing the rear quarter window louvers, they were on it when I bought it and really not my style. Gave it a few months to see if they would grow on me but nope! Haha

·
Registered
2015 ST-2
279 Posts
Replacing the fogs on my 2015 ST2 to LED. I just popped of the trim panel and unscrewed the foglight housing. Took 5 minutes.

Any suggestions on where to attach the ballast box??

A white FSwerks Tuned, Steeda Breathing, Straight Piped, Symp Deleted 2015 FoST-2 wrapped in Indy 500’s. - SD

·
Registered
205 Posts
use 3M tape to stick it behind the bumper.
What LED's are you using, please post some pics once installed :)

Reactions: DJFreshlySnipes

·
Registered
2015 ST-2
279 Posts
use 3M tape to stick it behind the bumper.
What LED's are you using, please post some pics once installed :)
Damn, I definatley should have done that. I have the tape too!! Ahhhhh. Nobody was responding so I just used the included zip ties to attach the one on the drivers side to an electrical connector right above the housing (see in the pic I posted above) and the passenger box to Its own little clip that is supposed to attach the cable to the top of the housing. I don’t feel like either are as secure as I would have hoped but we shall see.

Here are some pics I took of the end result during the day, I’ll take some tonight as well.

Bulbs: Sylvania Zevo H8 Fogs - I did a lot of research on different bulbs and these were the best. For some reason there are 2 different types of the Sylvania Zevo LED Fog bulb with the exact same part number but they are COMPLETLEY Different.... riddle me that. I got the one below because they have a longer warranty (5y), bigger cooling system, higher output and are H8 specific, unlike the other version which is H8/ H11. I couldn’t figure out why there are 2 versions and AutoZone couldn’t either and they carry both.

These are the ones I got:

This is the other version, same part # and everything but they look completely different...

Comparison from Stock (Left) to Zevo’s (Right)

A couple pics installed during the day:

I’ll take some more tonight when it’s dark outside.

A white FSwerks Tuned, Steeda Breathing, Straight Piped, Symp Deleted 2015 FoST-2 wrapped in Indy 500’s. - SD

·
Registered
70 Posts
Installed Thermal downpipe to compliment the exhaust. Thanks again, @FlyingST

Where did you find there downpipe?
I took the family to disneyland. While there I realized Thermal R&D was about a 50min drive from my hotel. Called them up and they had the catback in stock. Bought it from them and they installed it for free. I got 2MPG better fuel economy on the trip home from Cali to BC Canada. My buddy told me to but the downpipe. Obviously I had no room to bring it home with me. I really wish I had bought it at the same time. Now these are discontinued. I WANT ONE.

·
1,733 Posts
Where did you find there downpipe?
I took the family to disneyland. While there I realized Thermal R&D was about a 50min drive from my hotel. Called them up and they had the catback in stock. Bought it from them and they installed it for free. I got 2MPG better fuel economy on the trip home from Cali to BC Canada. My buddy told me to but the downpipe. Obviously I had no room to bring it home with me. I really wish I had bought it at the same time. Now these are discontinued. I WANT ONE.
I got it from another forum member. Early this year he mentioned ordering an EFR turbo kit which uses its own downpipe. So i PM'ed him and asked about buying it, which i did upon him receiving his turbo kit.

Good news is, you arent SOL, Thermal sells that front flange section in 3 inch size for 50 dollars US, that will mate to any aftermarket 3 inch downpipe. You just have to Email them about it.

28441 - 28460 of 28472 Posts