Ford Focus ST Forum banner

27641 - 27660 of 27729 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
After 4 years of ownership stock, I have finally taken the plunge to get a stratified custom tune with FBO. Took a hot minute to install everything but was well worth it!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Holy ****, that the inboard pad is uber worn? Why so uneven wear I wonder? Now I need to check my pads today as I just bought my ST a few weeks ago (used) from dealer. Although mine only has 14K mi.
That was the old pad compared to the new ones. All of the old pads were in similar shape

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Rode around on back of the dragon with a bunch of cool guys today. We also took some time to hit some awesome roads near there and we all had a blast.
We are camping the night down here and then we are all dispersing back to our respective spots of VA, WV, KY, PY, TN, and NC.
20200725_203221.jpg
20200725_133635.jpg

·
Registered
495 Posts
At 80k, out with Quaker, in with Pennz Plat. + fl400s.. rerouted aux 4 port; y split from hard line to BT E-sensor to HPFP and other line straight to 4 port rail..

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
108 Posts
Gave her a new set of summer shoes and freshly coated set of dildos. :ROFLMAO:😜

Reactions: Coolpool

·
Registered
9 Posts
Finished my stereo upgrade. Infinity kappa componants in doors. Thr huge tweaters barely fit in front and just did a srface mount in back. Have an Audio control lc6i and a 5 channel alpine amp. Added a pioneer low profile 10 inch subwoffer. The system sounds really good even with the stock HU. All in all a great project.
Any pics?

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Wasn't done today but yesterday. I did a steeda symposer delete as well as a steeda clutch spring. wow the difference the clutch spring makes, makes the feeling soo much more responsive.

·
Registered
2018 Ford Focus ST.
11 Posts
oh boy. stage 2+ clutch and flywheel came today! I'm like a kid at a candy store

Reactions: Tunapish

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
New fire extinguisher bracket:
DSC00065 by Michael Read, on Flickr
DSC00066 by Michael Read, on Flickr
I used the mounting brackets from my Bracketeer mount, then made new framework out of aluminum. The Bracketeer mount is a nice piece, but I was never thrilled with it mounted in front of the passenger seat. nobody ever rides in my back seat, so behind the driver's seat is a much better location for me. And, yes, the rear seat bottom cushion does clear it when the back seats are down.

·
Super Moderator
8,696 Posts
New fire extinguisher bracket:
DSC00065 by Michael Read, on Flickr
DSC00066 by Michael Read, on Flickr
I used the mounting brackets from my Bracketeer mount, then made new framework out of aluminum. The Bracketeer mount is a nice piece, but I was never thrilled with it mounted in front of the passenger seat. nobody ever rides in my back seat, so behind the driver's seat is a much better location for me. And, yes, the rear seat bottom cushion does clear it when the back seats are down.
Pm all the links to that stuff. I'm sooooo lazy. Lol, Thanks! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
The big thing is the Bracketeer mount, which I bought a couple of years ago.
Then it's just a couple of pieces of 1"x1/4" aluminum flat stock and some fasteners.
This is the Halotron fire extinguisher
And a set of Maglite clips to hold my trusty Nebo Slyde LED light

Reactions: Duece McCracken

·
Registered
2018 Ford Focus ST.
11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,696 Posts
don't say that! back luck how?
Members like Stealth, myself, and I believe a few other had issues with the Spec 2+, enough to shake faith in SPEC clutches altogether.

Most of us have great success with their 3+, which im running now. Im pretty sure their 2+ is cursed. Stealth attributed his synchro failures to it, and now that I think about it, could have had something to do with mine as well.

Thats all speculation though, and not a lot of data on it.

There's not a ton out there on them failing like mine did, for our platform either, but the 3+ has even less failure rate. So I wouldn't recommend the 2+ to anyone.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
I also...finally...got some programming done using FORScan and FoCCCus. I was able to get the Double Honk Delete and Courtesy smear Delete done the other day on FORScan, but I couldn't access the BCM on my '14. I'm not sure if that was related to FORScan or to the MS/HS ELM327, but I got a new OBDLinkEX today just to be on the safe side. I tried FoCCCus this afternoon for Global Windows and it worked fine. Going to try Global windows on the Escape tonight. I don't know what I was so worried about--it's super easy. Too bad that I had to buy a laptop to do it.

·
Registered
2018 Ford Focus ST.
11 Posts
thanks for the heads up. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that some of that curse doesn't come linger my way. I'l start saving for the 3+, juuuuuuust in case.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Got my tire lettering redone over the weekend, much sharper now.

27641 - 27660 of 27729 Posts