Ford Focus ST Forum banner

27541 - 27560 of 27746 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
What was your process for the shave??

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
I'm curious about this as well.
Thankfully I didn't have to do it myself, paid my buddy a case of Twisted Tea to do it for me. He'd go across and do 3 sides of a honeycomb hex on several of them, then come back and cut them out. The moulding of my grill showed the pattern really well through the plastic so he had no issues seeing where to cut. About 3 hours with a hand dremel (not my hands or feet) :

Reactions: bp86

·
Registered
495 Posts
Thankfully I didn't have to do it myself, paid my buddy a case of Twisted Tea to do it for me. He'd go across and do 3 sides of a honeycomb hex on several of them, then come back and cut them out. The moulding of my grill showed the pattern really well through the plastic so he had no issues seeing where to cut. About 3 hours with a hand dremel (not my hands or feet) :

Thank you!

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
200 Posts
So I ordered a phone holder from Carl's 3d Creations on Etsy. Came in today and I have to say I am thoroughly impressed. The build quality is excellent, shipping was reasonably quick and it fits perfectly. The first photo is the actual colour, the second was somewhat overexposed. A strip of two sided tape and done deal!
Link: 2015-2018 Focus ST/RS Phone Holder | Etsy

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2014 Focus ST ST3.
443 Posts
I'm curious about this as well.
electric hand sander... alot of it.. and be careful the abs plastic likes to heat up and get gummy... do it while you have a fan blowing over it.. makes it easier and keeps the nasty smell down.. Just keep sanding until the plastic diamonds fall out...

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
It was a medium-aggressive flapper pad, I don’t recall but you’ll know it when you see it

It may have been a 40 or a 60

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Finally Installed the FRPP tune but havent had a chance to get on it yet, will do some runs tomorrow. Gave up on trying to install the Mountune shift arm and RS intake, got sick of banging that damn pin on the stock arm that didnt want to budge and there was no way to get at the turbo clamp without having to take the upper cowl off which i was not in the mood to do in 100 degree weather. Ill be getting a 5lb sledge and make another attempt when i bleed the brakes and clutch. I replaced my Green open end filter with the K&N closed end and i must say the Green filter was dirty as crap at 15k miles with large bugs stuck in there on the underside of the filter facing the bottom of the box. I also found a giant golfball size nut left by a squirell that was stuck down below the shift arm wedged in the casting. I removed another one last year that caused something (clutch?) to burn by preventing it from going completely in gear. It took two days to figure it out! damn squirells need to be in a pot pie!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Prepped her for Auto X. Found a loose nut.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Coulda been the squirrels!

Did you remove the upper wiper cowl to get your intake installed?

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
522 Posts
Finally Installed the FRPP tune but havent had a chance to get on it yet, will do some runs tomorrow. Gave up on trying to install the Mountune shift arm and RS intake, got sick of banging that damn pin on the stock arm that didnt want to budge and there was no way to get at the turbo clamp without having to take the upper cowl off which i was not in the mood to do in 100 degree weather. Ill be getting a 5lb sledge and make another attempt when i bleed the brakes and clutch.
Do you happen to have an air hammer or chisel or one of those cordless electric hammers? I used a punch and one of those electric hammer tools to knock the pin out of mine. Took less than 5 seconds.

This is the thing I have:. Cordless hammer

Reactions: 20focusSTdriver17

·
Registered
87 Posts
Broke both wiper motor brackets while pulling the upper cowl off to install the steeda intake tube, why Ford thought this design was a good idea is beyond me, but it’s pretty inconvenient.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Do you happen to have an air hammer or chisel or one of those cordless electric hammers? I used a punch and one of those electric hammer tools to knock the pin out of mine. Took less than 5 seconds.

This is the thing I have:. Cordless hammer
Unfortunately I do not have one. I saw that in a video and was trying to think of somthing similar i could do with jig rigging an impact wrench?

I also found out i dont have a t50 torx socket which i need to install my schroth quickfit pro harness. My set only goes to t40!

Hiltex makes a hammer drill with 3 settings for $66 item 10513

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Broke both wiper motor brackets while pulling the upper cowl off to install the steeda intake tube, why Ford thought this design was a good idea is beyond me, but it’s pretty inconvenient.
View attachment 380614 View attachment 380615
Ouch, i feel your pain! I am not happy with the space available for installing a full intake. I do not want to take the upper cowl off i was thinking i could get at the turbo from behind the wheel after removing the fender splash shield

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ouch, i feel your pain! I am not happy with the space available for installing a full intake. I do not want to take the upper cowl off i was thinking i could get at the turbo from behind the wheel after removing the fender splash shield
I tried to install the intake tube without taking the cowl off but I couldn’t get the clearance to tighten the clamps. I barely applied any force to the wiper arms before I felt a snap...

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
I had trouble getting my shift arm pin out.

I soaked it with PB Blaster for 24 hours and it came right out with a standard 20 oz hammer.

Reactions: 20focusSTdriver17
27541 - 27560 of 27746 Posts