Ford Focus ST Forum banner

27441 - 27460 of 27577 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
got a cobb catted DP a ATP Intercooler and a FOUST intake with cobb filter for $450.
now trying to get a APv3 and decided between JSTUNED or Stratified.
JSTUNED!

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
New shoes and laces....kinda. Haha
IMG_20200619_171402_970.jpg

IMG_20200619_171402_968.jpg

Replace the trash stock lugnuts please!!
The stock ones have a soft shell of metal for the top layer so I had to use a chisel and hammer to get these off.
I got a set of 20 black gorilla lugnuts and 2 keys for about 30$

I'm coming up on 55k miles quick.
I'm going to replace the oil filter, oil, transmission fluid, and spark plugs.
I also requested a Blackstone analysis for the oil.
Cabin air filter and intake filter have already been replaced/ cleaned.
Anyone have any other maintenance ideas for 55k miles?
Thanks for any input!

·
Premium Member
2014 Focus ST ST3.
299 Posts
My wife bought me some detailing gear I’ve been wanting but too much of a cheapskate to buy!

After washing the car, I clayed it with Meguiar’s Mirror Glaze Detailing Clay (used Meguiar’s Mirror Glaze as the lubricant).

I was going to then layer Adam’s Brilliant Glaze, Adam’s Paint Sealant, and them Adam’s Americana paste wax but I don’t have any applicators for the Brilliant Glaze. Amazon tells me I’ll get them Tuesday.

Rather than detailing the car, I’m watching the NASCAR Cup race (I guess I’m not since it was delayed ‘til tomorrow).
Pic?

·
Registered
479 Posts
New shoes and laces....kinda. Haha
View attachment 380125
View attachment 380126
Replace the trash stock lugnuts please!!
The stock ones have a soft shell of metal for the top layer so I had to use a chisel and hammer to get these off.
I got a set of 20 black gorilla lugnuts and 2 keys for about 30$

I'm coming up on 55k miles quick.
I'm going to replace the oil filter, oil, transmission fluid, and spark plugs.
I also requested a Blackstone analysis for the oil.
Cabin air filter and intake filter have already been replaced/ cleaned.
Anyone have any other maintenance ideas for 55k miles?
Thanks for any input!
6 qts of any SN+ full syn w/ Motorcraft FL400S filter.. both can be had at Wallyword for less than $30.. 2 bottles of Motul DCTF, I think Amazon had a 2 pk for the cheapest..

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
Installed an mFactory LSD over the weekend, details are in a thread of its own. Was not too bad and a lot of fun.

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Certainly....I'll put some up, along with my subjective impressions of the Adam's products, when I apply all three layers later this week. I'm eagerly awaiting the applicators to get going with putting this stuff on the car!!

Although it was my first time claying a car, the Meguiar's detailing clay and mirror glaze polish worked great!! It truly was taking tar and other gunk off the paint with little effort.

Later this summer I plan to use these products on my daily driver 2007 Focus SE. Although I sprayed it off with my pressure washer a few weeks ago, I literally have not washed the exterior for years!! If I can use this stuff (along with some polish and a DA polisher) to get that car looking good, then we may need to lobby congress for another national holiday because we just witnessed a miracle. I'll be sure to capture some "before and after" pictures just in case!!

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I'm not sweating it. She couldn't get ahold of them today. Think I'm going to check out Freektune. 🤙 It's a pain though because you have to go through all of the options...again...and I'm out of the house for 15 hours/day for work for 18 more days.
I check out Bryan at JSt. His customer service is top-notch. I've never waited more than 8 to 10 hours for a revision. Other than the original which took about two days after sending him the base tune. I'd send him my logs late afternoon or at night. And there's always a revision waiting for me when I get up in the morning.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
got a cobb catted DP a ATP Intercooler and a FOUST intake with cobb filter for $450.
now trying to get a APv3 and decided between JSTUNED or Stratified.

No better customer service than jst. Send in your data logs go to sleep wake up with the revisions waiting.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I check out Bryan at JSt. His customer service is top-notch. I've never waited more than 8 to 10 hours for a revision. Other than the original which took about two days after sending him the base tune. I'd send him my logs late afternoon or at night. And there's always a revision waiting for me when I get up in the morning.
I was thinking about using Freek but I'll check out JST. Haven't really had time to mess with anything right now with work. Got like another 13 days or something before ti.e off. 😐

·
Registered
188 Posts
I just read a lot of good things about JST. If I get home and Stratified hasn't talked to the wife yet I'm going to order an AP3 from them.

Reactions: G heinrich and bp86

·
Registered
188 Posts
Well I got home. Wife said no contact today and they charged us $640 2 weeks ago. So...I guess I'll try to get a refund so I can get a tune. Sent an email, their voicemail has been full forever. Sounds like they need to get things straightened out before they take more new customers. Sorry, went off topic. Done. 😐

·
Premium Member
2014 Focus ST ST3.
299 Posts
JBR drag mount
Ruthenium HX plugs
LED headlights

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Couldn't sleep knowing the big mouth was still sitting in my back seat, that I intended to install Sunday.
I leave my girlfriend in the back seat all the time when she starts ranting about nonsense

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Well I got home. Wife said no contact today and they charged us $640 2 weeks ago. So...I guess I'll try to get a refund so I can get a tune. Sent an email, their voicemail has been full forever. Sounds like they need to get things straightened out before they take more new customers. Sorry, went off topic. Done. 😐
Stratified accepted your payment two weeks ago but hasn’t yet started the tuning process with you?

·
Premium Member
2014 Focus ST ST3.
299 Posts
27441 - 27460 of 27577 Posts