Ford Focus ST Forum banner

27281 - 27300 of 27337 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
has she used the sawzall before? Sometimes they can bite back lol, gloves and goggles, have fun!

and for everyone else doing work under their car, check you jack stands if you are using Harbor Freight ones:
I'll be supervisor, everyone needs to learn sometime. I've got extra blades
I use a quick jack now so my jackstands just collect dust

18' ST1 (wife's stock for now) & 06' Mercury Grand Marquis (mine, definitely not stock)

·
Registered
2015 Focus ST
42 Posts
I have three of their jacks and nothing wrong with them. Never lift a cat and just leave it on the jack. Always use good quality jack stands.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
I am weary of lifting cats.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Installed a set of ISC coilovers and some wheels.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
Got the magnaflow cat back installed. Took about 2 hrs. Fought more with the hangars than anything. Definitely picked up the Cobb hangars. Factories are way to soft IMO. Can't get the video to load, but anyway zero drone and sounds beautiful rowing through the gears. My wife did the cutting and was underneath helping the whole time. It's her her first mod so she was super excited. I've been teaching her to wrench in her own stuff.

18' ST1 (wife's stock for now) & 06' Mercury Grand Marquis (mine, definitely not stock)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Had to pull the intake manifold off to see if the hose came off the PCV or O-ring was damaged. Been getting the PCV code. It’s the last thing I had off or changed. Never had a issue with the Injen CAI. While I was there I put a throttle body spacer on. A fellow member gave it to me. I machined his spacer for a Big TB and he offered the extra.

·
Registered
32 Posts
First mod besides the pedal spacer, so no tune.
Driven on it a few times now...it's pretty good. Boost still kicks in around 2.5 - 3k, however not as quick or punchy as stock. It does taper on smooth and strong and pulls hard throughout.
Also, consistent power every time and any time I hit the gas, so in that way it is much more responsive than stock.

IMG_20200518_163654re.jpg

CPEre.jpg

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
First mod besides the pedal spacer, so no tune.
Driven on it a few times now...it's pretty good. Boost still kicks in around 2.5 - 3k, however not as quick or punchy as stock. It does taper on smooth and strong and pulls hard throughout.
Also, consistent power every time and any time I hit the gas, so in that way it is much more responsive than stock.

View attachment 379406
View attachment 379407
I didn't notice any difference going to an aftermarket intercooler. Interesting.

Is that a old Honda or Kawasaki off to the side?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
I didn't notice any difference going to an aftermarket intercooler. Interesting.

Is that a old Honda or Kawasaki off to the side?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Hmm... the 6000' elevation may be playing a factor here then. More air to compress? Don't think i'm leaking, still plenty of boost...

The bike is a '12 Bonneville T100, and its extremely jealous of the ST.

27281 - 27300 of 27337 Posts