Ford Focus ST Forum banner

27261 - 27280 of 27337 Posts

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Installed the Mountune RMM.
Northern winters were not nice to some exaust pieces.
I spent an hour or so messing around with the stupid downpipe bracket. I got frustrated so I soaked it really well with PB blaster and left to go get some groceries in the other car. Got back an hour or so later and torched that sucker for about 4 minutes until the pb blaster I thought had soaked in ignited and scared the **** outa me.🤦‍♂️
Hammered and pried another hour or so then I started to get pissed again. So I started putting it back together to mess with it another day and as I was putting the bolts back on it started to loosen up. Stubborn bastard lol. Finally got it off and cleaned everything got the mount installed and everything remounted in less than 20 minutes.
20200519_193855.jpg

20200519_195140.jpg
20200519_200231.jpg

Screenshot_20200519-221659_Gallery.jpg

Oh by the way, my OEM RMM had a pretty large chuck of corrosion out of the center. Don't know what's up with that but now I have a legitimate excuse for the wife other than "More zooms?" Haha

·
Registered
903 Posts
Installed the Mountune RMM.
Northern winters were not nice to some exaust pieces.
I spent an hour or so messing around with the stupid downpipe bracket. I got frustrated so I soaked it really well with PB blaster and left to go get some groceries in the other car. Got back an hour or so later and torched that sucker for about 4 minutes until the pb blaster I thought had soaked in ignited and scared the **** outa me.🤦‍♂️
Hammered and pried another hour or so then I started to get pissed again. So I started putting it back together to mess with it another day and as I was putting the bolts back on it started to loosen up. Stubborn bastard lol. Finally got it off and cleaned everything got the mount installed and everything remounted in less than 20 minutes.
I just installed mine yesterday too... my car came from Texas but that bracket was still a ***** to get out of there!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Started cleaning my foam air filter yesterday. Reinstalled today and also installed big mouth intake from Aesthetic Energy. If VT wont sell me one, I will go for another manufacturer

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Started cleaning my foam air filter yesterday. Reinstalled today and also installed big mouth intake from Aesthetic Energy. If VT wont sell me one, I will go for another manufacturer
Why won't VT sell you a Big mouth? No international shipping I'm guessing?

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Why won't VT sell you a Big mouth? No international shipping I'm guessing?
They do international shipping. They even ship to Russia or Saudi Arabia. I wouldn't even be surprised if they'd ship to ****ing North Korea. But not Germany, not Netherlands, not Austria. Like we're some some undeveloped Banana-Republic that doesn't have cats anyway.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Getting ready to add some noise to my wife's car courtesy of Magnaflow. It's her first mod so she is super excited. She has never had a car she could modify. I told her she is starting down a rabbit hole

18' ST1 (wife's stock for now) & 06' Mercury Grand Marquis (mine, definitely not stock)

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
I like how much wider the spacing between the tips is on the newer Magnaflows. There's only like an 1/8" between them on my 6 year old one. Still sounds gooooooooood, though.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Installed the TB Performance strut tower bar as the last mod I’m making. This is the fourth piece by them I’ve added to the car so I don’t know why I was surprised when it made an immediate positive difference. Instant increased stability and more precise control. Every brace I’ve added by TBP has been money well spent. They do have a rear strut bar so maybe I’m not as done as I think I am....

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Installed the TB Performance strut tower bar as the last mod I’m making. This is the fourth piece by them I’ve added to the car so I don’t know why I was surprised when it made an immediate positive difference. Instant increased stability and more precise control. Every brace I’ve added by TBP has been money well spent. They do have a rear strut bar so maybe I’m not as done as I think I am....
review enough of their parts here and you might have enough of a refund to cover the rear strut lol. I have their lower front and rear endlinks, no complaints other than ohio roads have made them look like poo (i dont like rust)

·
Registered
2015 Focus ST
42 Posts
Installed my Stratified Stage 1 tune today! Installed the Cobb Stage 1 when I received the AP3 last week from Stratified. Huge difference between the Stratified tune and the Cobb. The Cobb had very little difference stock other than better throttle response. Will do more driving later after (tele)work :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
I like how much wider the spacing between the tips is on the newer Magnaflows. There's only like an 1/8" between them on my 6 year old one. Still sounds gooooooooood, though.
I'll get it on this weekend. I'm going to let my wife do the honor of using the sawzall on her own car. I said it's a right of passage

18' ST1 (wife's stock for now) & 06' Mercury Grand Marquis (mine, definitely not stock)

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I'll get it on this weekend. I'm going to let my wife do the honor of using the sawzall on her own car. I said it's a right of passage

has she used the sawzall before? Sometimes they can bite back lol, gloves and goggles, have fun!

and for everyone else doing work under their car, check you jack stands if you are using Harbor Freight ones:

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
omg my buddy sent me that about Harbor Freight and was like, "I have these jack stands."
That's why I did not buy something like jack or jack stands from there.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
omg my buddy sent me that about Harbor Freight and was like, "I have these jack stands."
i have a pair of the grey 3tons, doesnt have the part numbers listed in the recall but its not confidence inspiring. I only use them when i have the car fully off the ground, i have a different brand pair that i like better that i use more often. Im always paranoid when working under the car, ill normally keep some weight on the jack itself. I also have wooden wheels stands that i built that ill slide under the frames as a back up. The only thing that makes me feel a little better is when i am using them, im using four, 3ton stands to hold a 1.5ton car up, so if one failed, the car shouldnt come crashing down

I cant even imagine how some people with the 6ton stands feel having spent time under their 5000lb+ trucks with these things.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
I was pretty wary of most jack stands having seen pics of failures, so I went with four of the pin-in-hole style over the ratcheting teeth. And yea, always have the jack still in place, ramps under wheels if the wheels aren't off, wheels under car if they are off, etc. Jacks and stands not something on which I'm willing to go cheap.

·
Premium Member
13,385 Posts
I have three of their jacks and nothing wrong with them. Never lift a cat and just leave it on the jack. Always use good quality jack stands.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

27261 - 27280 of 27337 Posts