Ford Focus ST Forum banner

27221 - 27240 of 27501 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Took her for a drive today, sold my Levels FMIC and Cobb Catted DP to a local. I never got a chance to install the parts...boo! Closing on a new home and have a baby coming in August so go-fast parts will have to go for now. I also posted a Mountune RMM for sale in the FS thread.

·
Registered
2015 ST3
65 Posts
The stock valve is prone to failure. I recommend the turbosmart or mountune bypass valve. I run the turbosmart unit.
Does it sound stock(ie no noise)

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Does it sound stock(ie no noise)
turbosmart will depend how you set it up. I've never heard it be silent and full recirculate though. That being said, mine is setup off true vaccuum and doesnt go woosh everytime i apply any throttle. It's pretty tame and only makes noise when you actually let off boost. It's not overly annoying or anything

·
Registered
33 Posts
Please. Just give me an excuse to buy more car parts...😆
But for real I am kinda curious. I don't really like the really loud bov some have but I like the lil bit of sound having the airbox lid off gives.
I have a red boomba bov with less than 3000 miles if you’re interested 😉 lol

·
Registered
991 Posts
@efuentes29 @Skykri The stock unit is made entirely of plastic and has a flimsy rubber diaphragm that tears which creates a boost leak back into the intake as well as rendering the valve useless. The upgraded units are made of aluminum and have a metal piston as well as sealing rings that are under tight tolerances. Much more robust setups.

·
Registered
2015 ST3
65 Posts
@efuentes29 @Skykri The stock unit is made entirely of plastic and has a flimsy rubber diaphragm that tears which creates a boost leak back into the intake as well as rendering the valve useless. The upgraded units are made of aluminum and have a metal piston as well as sealing rings that are under tight tolerances. Much more robust setups.
I think they meant do you have instances of failures? Commonality? Mileage?

Reactions: efuentes29

·
Registered
991 Posts
I think they meant do you have instances of failures? Commonality? Mileage?
The search function is your best freind in this instance.
The general consensus is elevated boost levels from tuning usually accelerates the failure, which makes sense. I run the stock tune but upgraded mine as a precaution. I dont need to be out of town and have the stock one fail.

Reactions: efuentes29

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts

·
Registered
2015 ST3
65 Posts
The search function is your best freind in this instance.
The general consensus is elevated boost levels from tuning usually accelerates the failure, which makes sense. I run the stock tune but upgraded mine as a precaution. I dont need to be out of town and have the stock one fail.
Not for me. They were asking

·
Registered
2015 ST3
65 Posts
Put fuel in it after my first week commuting. It gets 1.5 less mpg than my last commuter but is more enjoyable. I'll take the trade off

Reactions: Coolpool and Skykri

·
Registered
46 Posts
Finally had my OEM summer tires remounted yesterday evening. The tire shop I use was a victim of the Nashville power failures a week ago last Sunday so I had to wait. 140,000 were without electricity that Sunday night. I wanted to make sure that they were balanced well and I'm happy to report I felt no vibrations at 110 (kph or mph, your choice).

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
^^^ I bet that would be great for frying bacon & eggs in the Summer?? 🤣

27221 - 27240 of 27501 Posts