Ford Focus ST Forum banner

What did you do to your ST today?

5M views 36K replies 2K participants last post by  Smokin' Joe 
#1 ·
I like reading these types of threads on other forums I frequent so I figured I'd start one here as well.

As far as me, I turned 500 miles then washed it for the first time since the end of January when I bought it. I forgot how bright silver the wheels were behind all that crazy brake dust.

#3 ·
Drove the **** out of mine and then ended up throwing a P0300 code..... Misfire???? What the hell..... Still loving it.... Up next hood struts....

#4 · (Edited)
Went to get coffee, did a bunch of errands, took short road trip, then took it to a car wash and I polished it up.

Found a scrape under the front bumper :( dang it. Not used to a car sitting so low.

#7 ·
Took the air box cover off just to ride around the neighborhood and hear the "woosh" with my green filter. Scared some children. Put the cover right back on. I could actually feel a slight dip in throttle response with it off, though. Although it sounds awesome off, keep that puppy on. It's there for a reason!

White ST2
Steeds RMM
Green Filter and FSWerks intake tube.

#8 ·
I have my air box top off and have had it off for about a month now, i cant really tell the difference but im not sure if it will do anything to it will it? An today me and a buddy painted my break calipers bright red.

Reactions: Graeme
#11 ·
Today I set up 2 different USB cards to test the MFT USB audio glitch I've been having. It tends to hiccup every once in a while.(that's an understatement)

So I am going to try different USB formatting options first. I have 2 4g cards to experiment with. One will be formatted in NTSF, the other in FAT23. Other options will include FAT and ex-FAT.
Hopefully one will preform better than the other.

#13 ·
Nearly finished my false floor for my sub amp and battery today. :)

Vehicle Car Trunk Compact car Family car

#14 ·
adjusted my Cobb intake so it clears the fuel line. And I ordered new lug nuts to match the plasti dip job I plan to do to my wheels

Reactions: Graeme
#15 ·
I have my air box top off and have had it off for about a month now, i cant really tell the difference but im not sure if it will do anything to it will it? An today me and a buddy painted my break calipers bright red.

There's a discussion thread on here of a guy experimenting with internal temps with the cover off at both the air filter and intake tube. There is a significant increase in temperature while the car is at idle that doesn't normalize untill 1-2 minutes after the car starts moving again. While his research does indeed reveal a slight increase in temp, thats all it shows. Whether or not this temp is actually high enough to cause a measureable drop in performance or is bad for the car, who knows!!! I say do what makes you happy. Hearing that noise certainly does me, haha!

#19 ·
Took mine out for a few laps around town since it was such a nice day.
On the way home a monte carlo ss intimidator version felt frisky taking off from a traffic light,but after passing it i think it felt intimidated:smile: