Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
What is your average mileage currently and what is your average speed for your drive? Lots of stop lights, hills, or do you spend much time over 75mph? What are your current mods, also? Do you feed it 91+ octane, or do you feed it 87/89? Just noticed it's an SE, so it would probably be pointless to feed it 89/91 without a tune.

I get pretty good mileage thanks to a lot of 45-50 mph zones and the fact I'm at a mile high in altitude. Thinner air helps with my mileage, just not power.

·
Registered
665 Posts
FWIW, my manual 2012 SE had a 200k mile lifetime average of just under 36 mpg. I don't drive like a grandma and there's a good amount of heavy Boston traffic and city in there, but on work time going to sites away from the city and with plenty of moderate traffic, there's also a lot of slower highway speeds in there to help even it out.

·
Registered
228 Posts
You cannot make a drastic difference unless there is something wrong with your vehicle to start with. Best you can do is drive conservatively and keep the vehicle maintained. Other than that you are just in the wrong vehicle for good MPG.

·
Registered
81 Posts
You cannot make a drastic difference unless there is something wrong with your vehicle to start with. Best you can do is drive conservatively and keep the vehicle maintained. Other than that you are just in the wrong vehicle for good MPG.

Overall, driving smoothly drastically improves MPG. don't rush to/from stoplights, stay smooth around turns, change lanes less, don't follow closely...many things. Join Fuelly if you havn't already.
Tire air pressure is important.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
basic hypermiling/ecomodding principals will help, google those and see what you want to do. Assuming nothing mechanically is wrong, cheapest place for mpg improvement is a driver mod

1 - 9 of 9 Posts