Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2013 tangerine focus st is getting a rs front bumper.
I was going to keep the front bumper grey and paint the bonnet tangerine.
I like the contrast between grey and tangerine, being all tangerine I think is a little boring.

What do you guys think, leave the bumper grey or paint it tangerine?
IMG_2910.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
261 Posts
My 2013 tangerine focus st is getting a rs front bumper.
I was going to keep the front bumper grey and paint the bonnet tangerine.
I like the contrast between grey and tangerine, being all tangerine I think is a little boring.

What do you guys think, leave the bumper grey or paint it tangerine?
View attachment 375759

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The paint shops gonna be mixing the paint for the hood anyways... Just have it done. You won't regret it and will still have a very unique looking car. TS with RS front and prefacelift butt? I'm into it

Sent from my ONEPLUS 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
412 Posts
I see what you see with the contrast of the grey against the TS, but it would look ok as a racing stripe or accent piece. I think the bumper should match the color of the car. When i see mismatched body panels, my immediate thought is "they wrecked the car and were too cheap to go to a body shop".
These are just opinions though, but you do what you think is best because it's your car. Thats what makes modding great.

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Not my of tea. It looks like someone just fitted the bumper but didn't want to paint it

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Finish the paint. To me it looks like you want to be noticed, your are advertising, and you were in a accident and couldn't afford to complete it. Too '"ricey". Painted, it would not stand out as much, except to the Focus Community. Do what you want though. Love that color.

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
I like the gray, makes it look like you have an old school bra on the front before a quick double-take.

·
Registered
177 Posts
The RS bumper I bought was an oem painted rs black. After a while Of owning it I decided to paint it TUX black just flows better. But it’s your car I’d say paint it but do what makes you happy

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Here the rub, the very first thing that runs through my mind when I see a car with a mismatched bumper is yikes! such a shame to see another wrecked car. well at least its almost there...

First impressions are always an ear worm.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts