Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is on another post but I can't find it anywhere. What are the upgradable stock wheels (the 18" machined alumnium with black pockets) called and where you can you buy them??

http://www.focusst.org/forum/images/styles/Luburox_Blue/attach/jpg.gif

I'm not currently in need of any but just would like to know in case one gets damaged in the future (already had an unfortunate curb rash incident). I can't find them on the ford performance parts website or on any wheel/tire site.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Sorry if this is on another post but I can't find it anywhere. What are the upgradable stock wheels (the 18" machined alumnium with black pockets) called and where you can you buy them??

http://www.focusst.org/forum/images/styles/Luburox_Blue/attach/jpg.gif

I'm not currently in need of any but just would like to know in case one gets damaged in the future (already had an unfortunate curb rash incident). I can't find them on the ford performance parts website or on any wheel/tire site.
It's a factory premium option, comes on most of the 2015+ models but saves you like 500 bucks or something if you don't get them. You can get them off a user used on here pretty often or off of Ford directly, call the local dealer and they can ship some in.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a factory premium option, comes on most of the 2015+ models but saves you like 500 bucks or something if you don't get them. You can get them off a user used on here pretty often or off of Ford directly, call the local dealer and they can ship some in.
Ok thank you! I was hoping you could pick them up elsewhere other than getting them from a dealer, $$$. But I'll have to keep an eye out on here.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Ok thank you! I was hoping you could pick them up elsewhere other than getting them from a dealer, $$$. But I'll have to keep an eye out on here.
Yeah trust me, you want to get them used lol. They're a lot more than $500 if you buy them by themselves from Ford I believe. For a heavy wheel you'd be better off buying a performance set if you don't get used from someone

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the same issue....unfortunate curb rash on 1 or 2 of them?

Anyways, now that I bought new summer wheels, probably going to sell them here unless I can find super cheap a/s tires
On 1 of them, I ended up polishing the crap out of it and it doesn't quite match but it looks a ton better. I'm probably not in the market though, until one gets damaged anyway :eek:

·
Registered
593 Posts
On 1 of them, I ended up polishing the crap out of it and it doesn't quite match but it looks a ton better. I'm probably not in the market though, until one gets damaged anyway :eek:
Polish only? I haven't looked at mine since I put them up for the winter, but I forget how bad mine are. Hopefully not past the point that polishing would mostly do the trick.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On 1 of them, I ended up polishing the crap out of it and it doesn't quite match but it looks a ton better. I'm probably not in the market though, until one gets damaged anyway
Polish only? I haven't looked at mine since I put them up for the winter, but I forget how bad mine are. Hopefully not past the point that polishing would mostly do the trick.
Yeah basically, mine was almost entirely on the silver part, only a slight nick in the black paint.
I grinded the big grooves down with a dremel. And then used metal sand paper starting at about 220grit and worked my way to 2000grit. And then used aluminum polish. I used gloss black model paint to paint the knick in the black. And then clear coated it all. (I taped off everything I didn't want sanded when sanding so you don't accidently knick something with the sand paper)

It looks just okay. The aluminum has almost like purposefully machines grooves in it that give it a little texture (either that or it's some kind of laminate/finish), it's hard to tell. So from polishing you're really not going to match that texture, you'll give it a mirror finish, but it's better than the curb rash!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts