Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately that other one i posted about the guy sold it the day before i was gonna go check it out. Anyways i checked out this other one today not too far from me and common sense would u tell u not to get it and i’ll explain why but it was pretty sick. Firstly there is some little surface rust in the wheel wells from the tires when the kid lowered it and it slightly bent the quarter panel. The grill is also cracked in one spot. Rims will have to be painted because he plasti dipped them and it’s peeling a little so it looks like ****. Paint and interior are in great condition. he took us for a test ride and said the clutch slips but only if u give it too much gas when taking off from a stop. Also front tires are pretty close to bald because when he put it on coil overs it messed up the alignment but he said he got it realigned so it’s fine now ig. When he started it up it had a little tick to it. is this a normal st thing? or should there be litteraly no tick? I mentioned all this to him and he still wants 10,500 for it which i think is too much. Yeah he put a lot of stuff on it but i was thinking it’s worth like 9k lol. What do you guys think about this whole situation? here’s the link to the ad 2014 Ford Focus · ST

·
1,556 Posts
Move along.... that car is a turd.

Reactions: Jackk17 and Skykri

·
Registered
123 Posts
Unfortunately that other one i posted about the guy sold it the day before i was gonna go check it out. Anyways i checked out this other one today not too far from me and common sense would u tell u not to get it and i’ll explain why but it was pretty sick. Firstly there is some little surface rust in the wheel wells from the tires when the kid lowered it and it slightly bent the quarter panel. The grill is also cracked in one spot. Rims will have to be painted because he plasti dipped them and it’s peeling a little so it looks like ****. Paint and interior are in great condition. he took us for a test ride and said the clutch slips but only if u give it too much gas when taking off from a stop. Also front tires are pretty close to bald because when he put it on coil overs it messed up the alignment but he said he got it realigned so it’s fine now ig. When he started it up it had a little tick to it. is this a normal st thing? or should there be litteraly no tick? I mentioned all this to him and he still wants 10,500 for it which i think is too much. Yeah he put a lot of stuff on it but i was thinking it’s worth like 9k lol. What do you guys think about this whole situation? here’s the link to the ad 2014 Ford Focus · ST
That would have to be the last ST in the country for me to pay more than 5K for it... and I'd have to want it pretty dang bad for that price.
I vote you let someone else adopt this battered and abused stray

·
Registered
2014 focus st
16 Posts
Sounds like it needs tires and a clutch at minimum. That’s about $2500 I’m guessing unless you do your own work. Can you find a something for $13000 you like more?

·
Registered
707 Posts
I’m not supposed to be commenting on these topics, but I think you can find a better deal on an ST, if you’re just patient & maybe willing to travel to get one....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,560 Posts
I’m not supposed to be commenting on these topics, but I think you can find a better deal on an ST, if you’re just patient & maybe willing to travel to get one....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You don't belong here; you have no business giving anyone any advise on buying an ST, or any other car for that matter. You have been warned about coming out of your bubble which was very generously provided. I certainly hope you actually buy either an ST or RS this coming week. I haven't banned anyone for a day or two...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts