Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Went in to buy a Mustang 5.0 PP, came out with an ST

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Squier 
#1 · (Edited)
Just an update. I was set on a Mustang GT w/Performance Package for $6500 MSRP, so just under $31K before TTL. Drove it. Liked it. But didn't love it. Cloth seats were not very comfortable to me. And the Coyote didn't have much power unless you were over 3.5-4K rpm. I thought if I have to rev a V8, I'm better off with a 4cyl.

Drove a Focus ST1 next. Really liked the smaller size/feel compared the Mustang and plenty of low end torque! Torque steer was not that noticeable to me. There was some when really hammering it but nothing crazy. Even driving the ST casually was enjoyable to due to good low end grunt for a 4cyl. Got an awesome deal on new '17 ST (<$20K) so saved over $11K over the Mustang as well. Really impressed so far. I like the stock seats in the ST1 as well. GT roar was great but the ST has to be the best performance deal around.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Hatchback

See less See more
#2 ·
With the money you saved it's time to throw some parts at it :big smile:

#4 ·
All i read in this post was, I now have $11,000 to get rods, pistons, FMIC, Intake, WMI, a big turbo, and a tune ;)

Reactions: Trapster08
#11 ·
Just an update. I was set on a Mustang GT w/Performance Package for $6500 MSRP, so just under $31K before TTL. Drove it. Liked it. But didn't love it. Cloth seats were not very comfortable to me. And the Coyote didn't have much power unless you were over 3.5-4K rpm. I thought if I have to rev a V8, I'm better off with a 4cyl.

Drove a Focus ST1 next. Really liked the smaller size/feel compared the Mustang and plenty of low end torque! Torque steer was not that noticeable to me. There was some when really hammering it but nothing crazy. Even driving the ST casually was enjoyable to due to good low end grunt for a 4cyl. Got an awesome deal on new '17 ST (<$20K) so saved over $11K over the Mustang as well. Really impressed so far. I like the stock seats in the ST1 as well. GT roar was great but the ST has to be the best performance deal around.

View attachment 285874
Congratulations! You made the right choice. I also got my ST1 for just under $20K new. I can't think of a better performing car for that kind of money. You'll be saving on insurance too.

Love that Kona Blue color too, definately the right choice. Enjoy it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.