Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought my tune from stratified for E85! Excited as hell to load it onto my car, drive down the street and get those 3 gallons into my car and top off with 91. Wohoo!! I'm driving and getting a feel, small pulls no WOT pulls for about 5-10 minutes. Letting the car settle. I hop on the freeway and do 2/3 pulls, & FEELS AMAZING! But as I come to the end of my drive I see on my knock count 0/1 on cyl 1. Hmm. I then take my roommate out for a spin, 3/5 pulls and at the end of my drive I see 0/5 knock count. IM WORRYING LOWKEY!! Any help on what I SHOULD be checking for or what shouldn't I do?
Give me a hand guys!!
Here's a pic at a stop light after my first pull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
979 Posts
Those numbers look fine. Ignition correction is good, Max Boost just a tad high, 21.5 -22.3 is about norm I see on that tune but that could be due to a lot of different variables. AFR looks good for E30 tune. I wouldn't worry so much about knock count, could be false knock, or minor knock as the tune is still dialing itself in. Set up your logging to log ignition corrections for cylinders 1,2,3,4 and do a pull from 2500-6500 in 4th gear if you can, if not 3rd gear will work. Press record @2500RPM and wait a couple seconds before starting pull due to a couple second delay then post up the numbers for the pull. Post up your pull file so we can see the data for the entire pull. Its a lot more informative to look at the spreadsheet of the numbers for the entire pull and compare rather then a snapshot of max numbers on the display after a pull. Everything looks normal on that snapshot though.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those numbers look fine. Ignition correction is good, Max Boost just a tad high, 21.5 -22.3 is about norm I see on that tune but that could be due to a lot of different variables. AFR looks good for E30 tune. I wouldn't worry so much about knock count, could be false knock, or minor knock as the tune is still dialing itself in. Set up your logging to log ignition corrections for cylinders 1,2,3,4 and do a pull from 2500-6500 in 4th gear if you can, if not 3rd gear will work. Press record @2500RPM and wait a couple seconds before starting pull due to a couple second delay then post up the numbers for the pull. Post up your pull file so we can see the data for the entire pull. Its a lot more informative to look at the spreadsheet of the numbers for the entire pull and compare rather then a snapshot of max numbers on the display after a pull. Everything looks normal on that snapshot though.
Thanks man! I messaged you as well

·
Registered
9,129 Posts
Are you mixing the E-85 with good fuel? Or just getting E-85 out of the pump. Thats usually mixed with crappy 87 Oct.
There's an APP that's 99 c., it calculates how much you should be mixing with 91 Oct.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are you mixing the E-85 with good fuel? Or just getting E-85 out of the pump. Thats usually mixed with crappy 87 Oct.
There's an APP that's 99 c., it calculates how much you should be mixing with 91 Oct.
By what stratified said, is what I went by. Get near empty, 3 gal. Of E85 and top with 91 oct. from Shell, Or Chevron

·
Registered
979 Posts
Make sure you have the Cobb Accessport traction control turned off on the Accessport before you log. Go into the Tunes Section/Adjustments/ Adjust ECU Settings, then select Enable CCF Traction Control section . Make sure it is set to zero (0). (1) is ON and (0) is OFF

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Make sure you have the Cobb Accessport traction control turned off on the Accessport before you log. Go into the Tunes Section/Adjustments/ Adjust ECU Settings, then select Enable CCF Traction Control section . Make sure it is set to zero (0). (1) is ON and (0) is OFF
I didn't know this. I purchased the TC from Stratified along with my tune

·
Registered
979 Posts
I didn't know this. I purchased the TC from Stratified along with my tune

Directions are the same to turn Stratified Traction Control OFF.
Below is from Stratified Website.
The guys and gals at COBB have implemented an ignition retard traction control system. The OEM traction control works based on applying the brakes and closing the throttle. The COBB system works by reducing output via ignition timing reduction when wheel slip is detected. It is a slick system and it works all the time while enabled on a tune. We have further refined this system making our very own Stratified Traction Control which enhances the driving experience that the generic COBB system takes away. From our experience our 'Optimal' setup has proven to be the best mode for maintaining adequate traction, but also keeping the excitement of the driving experience. Our calibration allows for the perfect amount of slip allowing the driver to modulate their pedal input without too much intrusion from the ECU. Perfect for rainy seasons!

STRATIFIED Traction Control: CAN BE ENABLED/DISABLED VIA THE MENU OF THE ACCESSPORT. THE MODE OF TRACTION CONTROL CAN ALSO BE SELECTED VIA THE ACCESSPORT TUNE MENU. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT THE SYSTEM WILL REVERT BACK TO MODE 1 MODE EVERY TIME YOU START YOUR CAR.

Attachments

·
Registered
808 Posts
To be honest on your first fill up it should be like 4 gallons of e85 idk where you live but e85 changes its potency as it gets colder so it's probobly e70

·
Registered
291 Posts
You need to do logs if you are worried about how the car is performing. Minimum/maximum numbers tell us nothing. Your car could read a knock from a rough clutch engagement, stiff mounts or loose parts. The same goes for ignition corrections. Log the car every time you beat on it and it wll be easier to find the issues and get accurate data.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
To be honest on your first fill up it should be like 4 gallons of e85 idk where you live but e85 changes its potency as it gets colder so it's probobly e70
Not here in SoCal. Propel is a California company and the E content stays at 85% all year round. We dont freeze so no need to lower. I've tested it and seen 90%

1 - 15 of 15 Posts