Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Please let us know how your tune goes. I'm also in Sac. I did a fmic, but i still haven't pulled the trigger on a tune yet. I'm very interested in hearing about what other ST's are doing in the area. That's good to hear about that gas station. I use the 100 octane at the Flyers on Marconi sometimes.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
For sure. I ironically live across the street from Raley’s next to that station. Didn’t even know they had race gas. I’ve got a few things that I need to pull apart on the car, but I should be running the tune in the next week or so; I’ll keep you updated.

Reactions: NorcalST1

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Finally an update.
So I ran the OTS stage 3 tune for a few days just so I could have something to compare to JST. It has some noticeable pull and gave me a little extra, but not really anything I’d call home about. Then I put the JST tune in. WOW. Night and day. Currently running the 91 tune and I’ve never been more satisfied with a tune. The TQ is instant and pulls so hard, I’m fighting for traction into 3rd. Definitely need to upgrade my tires. Even the exhaust note came alive. I’m just thrilled. To any of you debating on a custom tune, don’t. Worth every penny.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for getting back with an update! Glad you are enjoying it. Does he have you send in some logs for review, to make sure the tune is safe and/or to possibly revise it? I'm playing around with the Cobb ots stage 1 tune now and it's surprisingly been treating me pretty well..i think :) . I'm still trying to decide between mostly JST, Monster and Stratified, so it's great to hear your review. If you have any issues or further thoughts in the future, please post up!

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks for getting back with an update! Glad you are enjoying it. Does he have you send in some logs for review, to make sure the tune is safe and/or to possibly revise it? I'm playing around with the Cobb ots stage 1 tune now and it's surprisingly been treating me pretty well..i think :) . I'm still trying to decide between mostly JST, Monster and Stratified, so it's great to hear your review. If you have any issues or further thoughts in the future, please post up!
Basically you get a base tune, he sends you a sheet telling you what to set the datalog parameters to. Then you do 3 WOT pulls in 3rd starting at 2400rpm and ending at 6500rpm. He also wants a “partial throttle” log as well. I send them the logs, they revise the tune and send me an updated tune. Pretty simple. Haven’t had a chance to do it yet, but I hope to have it ready by next week.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts