Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit a deer on the way to work this morning....

If it's totaled, I may go with an RS. So it might be a blessing in disguise. We will see.

Had the car a total of 28 days.

Main thing is the inner front core support is pushed so far to the block, it snapped the engine cover.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
are you sure the deer wasnt full of cinder blocks or something??? she isnt too big, and thats a LOT of damage from it, sheesh. Good luck with insurance, and if you need something to cheer you up, watch the deer skit from Louis CK, the ending portion will fit in JUST right with how your most likely feeling.

Reactions: Bryman13

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
That sucks man! Especially only 28 days into ownership. I hope you have GAP. I hope you kept the deer, at least try to make the best of a sh*t situation.

Reactions: LeojST

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I have GAP. Also no, didnt take the deer, but 3 people stopped by and asked lol. One person within 10 minutes had Department of Reservation on the phone, and asking if they could take it. I let 'em.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Yeah, I have GAP. Also no, didnt take the deer, but 3 people stopped by and asked lol. One person within 10 minutes had Department of Reservation on the phone, and asking if they could take it. I let 'em.
Trust me it's totaled. If the insurance company tries to fix it tell them hell no! This was mine.

Vehicle Auto part Engine Car Automotive exterior

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How fast were you going? The damage is a little worrisome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Honestly don't know I just got on the highway about a half mile back from filling up on gas and grabbing an energy drink I went to put the energy drink in the cup holder ( hadn't even opened it yet)when I hit it so I was maybe doing 70 at most . Just hit it dead center and carried it. Never tried to avoid it as I was in the left lane from the gas station and he came from the right by the time I seen him it was far too late.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
660 Posts
Fuuuuuuuuuu*****

I had a deer run into the side of my VW Jetta and ruined everything from the front quarter panel to the rear. Left hair in my rear bumper. Luckily did not set off my air bags. I hate those bastards. I hope you took him home and ate his delicious a**!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fuuuuuuuuuu*****

I had a deer run into the side of my VW Jetta and ruined everything from the front quarter panel to the rear. Left hair in my rear bumper. Luckily did not set off my air bags. I hate those bastards. I hope you took him home and ate his delicious a**!
Yeah, my knee airbag went off, that was it.

Honestly hoping it'll just be totaled. Good excuse to move up to an RS. Only reason I didnt is I had some inequity on the last car and just couldnt pull the trigger on the RS. Now with GAP that may be the case.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Honestly when we hit a deer dead center of our Explorer at 60 it was inedible and bloodshot. Guaranteed this deer is the same as hard as you hit it. Maybe get a piece or two from the back side legs

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Preliminary estimate puts it at 11k in damage from thier own adjuster. He said he's going to check the ACV and salvage and see if he can get it totaled but right now it looks like it's repairable.

If they try and repair it, they better full beleive I will make sure every bolt and nut is brand new on this car.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Is that your temp tag still in the front window?

I hope it's totaled - and $11k seems low for that much damage. Glad everyone, sans deer, was ok.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Is that your temp tag still in the front window?

I hope it's totaled - and $11k seems low for that much damage. Glad everyone, sans deer, was ok.
Yeah haven't registered the vehicle yet. Benefit of working Monday through Friday lol.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 36 Posts