Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
2017 Kona Blue ST1
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First they came for your downpipes...

Anyone else get this email from Cobb?

In March 2021, we’ve removed all OTS Maps from Accessports, Firmware, and our website that contained disabled DTCs and toggles. These OTS Maps are no longer offered and are no longer available. We did release improved OTS Maps, and we have re-enabled all superfluous trouble codes including those related to catalytic converter efficiency. When used in conjunction with our new GESi catted downpipes and Stage Power Packages, users can expect DTC-free operation of their vehicle. Some platforms and/or vehicles are waiting for inventory and an “official” release of our new GESi Downpipes or J-Pipes. The improved OTS Maps associated with these releases will not be available until inventory is shipping to Dealers and Customers. A full breakdown and a list of updated exhaust components can be found here.

Commies.

That is all.

J

·
2017 Kona Blue ST1
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just a heads up kids. They will start going after the private tuners eventually.

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,066 Posts
Yeah, this administration is just going to go full-tilt NASCAR on all fun things... [red_neck] "Woohoo... another left turn!!!! [/red_neck]

BTW, they're already going after private diesel tuners.

Reactions: 2017 Ford Focus ST

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST3
606 Posts
Yeah, this administration is just going to go full-tilt NASCAR on all fun things... [red_neck] "Woohoo... another left turn!!!! [/red_neck]

BTW, they're already going after private diesel tuners.
that I don't mind.

·
Premium Member
‘13 Focus ST3, Tuxedo Black
255 Posts
As if any sane person uses the OTS maps anyway.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeah, I got this update. Updated firmware on the COBB, but fortunately I have all the previous revision maps saved in multiple locations.

@ SacST, I use COBB maps still... Not because I don't know any better, or don't know of some great tuners... I just wanted to run the car mildly with the mods I have. Until I get a bigger/better turbo; I don't plan for a pro-tune just yet. Just intercooler & DP w/ AEM intake. No need to get all Push it to the limit! just yet, LOL.

·
Registered
*2016 Ford Focus ST
275 Posts
As if any sane person uses the OTS maps anyway.
I stayed away from those OTS completely, never ran one of them I prefer my “stage 0” just to monitor.

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Turbosmart BPV, Dual OCCs, Innovative RMM, JBR Intake & SS Arm, 245/40R18
825 Posts
Besides overtaxing the electric grid resulting in more widespread brownouts and blackouts,... Wonder if yet another unintended consequence of electric vehicles will be more severe accidents due to the quicker acceleration when people hit the gas instead of the brake? 🤕

·
Super Moderator
9,007 Posts
Besides overtaxing the electric grid resulting in more widespread brownouts and blackouts,... Wonder if yet another unintended consequence of electric vehicles will be more severe accidents due to the quicker acceleration when people hit the gas instead of the brake? 🤕
One of my concerns is with the high voltage batteries shorting out/electrocuting/exploding after a wreck.

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Turbosmart BPV, Dual OCCs, Innovative RMM, JBR Intake & SS Arm, 245/40R18
825 Posts
One of my concerns is with the high voltage batteries shorting out/electrocuting/exploding after a wreck.
I think Hyundai had a recall for fires. Per a friend, they were installing a battery temp sensor in the pack, vs just revising charge programming in hopes it would limit temps (and range) like Tesla. 🙄😛😁

·
Registered
825 Posts
Did anybody do a proper FMEA on electric vehicles?
Seems mostly short sighted thinking to me, despite the global warming exaggerations.

·
Super Moderator
9,007 Posts
I think Hyundai had a recall for fires. Per a friend, they were installing a battery temp sensor in the pack, vs just revising charge programming in hopes it would limit temps (and range) like Tesla. 🙄😛😁
I am fairly well versed with electricity, not an electrician by any means, but competent. High voltage is nothing to mess with. A dead short in one of those 400+ volt systems would be deadly.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I am fairly well versed with electricity, not an electrician by any means, but competent. High voltage is nothing to mess with. A dead short in one of those 400+ volt systems would be deadly.
You should see what 7200v or more does when it goes boom 😳

·
Registered
2016 Focus ST3
606 Posts
Surely tuners can set their domain to a .com.ca to work around these issues.
Unless they are forced to shut shop in US.
the idea is to make it super hard, its not just the website/hosting. Payment processing can be pain in the ass.

·
2017 Kona Blue ST1
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've seen first hand the result of an EV vehicle collision. Auto manufacturers are pledging all EV by 2025. They will simply regulate IC engines out of existence...

It's been a goal for a very long time.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
If they do go for private tuners, perhaps they and Cobb should band together to file suit.

Just a general FYI as well, the EPA does none of their own environmental studies. They're all passed down by other PACS that rubber stamp their own research, with no oversight.

·
Premium Member
‘13 Focus ST3, Tuxedo Black
255 Posts
This is what freaks me out. Having little explosions in front of you is one thing, but sitting on a bunch of batteries? A little sketchy if you ask me. I’ve seen batteries blow up.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I've seen first hand the result of an EV vehicle collision. Auto manufacturers are pledging all EV by 2025. They will simply regulate IC engines out of existence...

It's been a goal for a very long time.
States have legal avenues to counter that. It's a pipe dream, and it'll be coming back around to bite them.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts