Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Should this welcome thread stay?

• Total voters
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
I think the forum as a whole is pretty well organized compared to a LOT of other forums I've been on. In the Performance section maybe have all the different areas categorized; i.e., when you click on "Garage" there are different sections. Do the same with the Performance section: Tuning, Intake, Intercooler, Exhaust, Misc (BOV, RMM, etc.)

At least just as an idea - might keep things more organized in this section since it seems to be the most popular/threaded section of the forum.

**EDIT** Do this rather than just a whole page of 'stickies'

·
Registered
181 Posts
I like it. It should help the noobs like me!

·
The Mod with a Mouth
9,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I think the forum as a whole is pretty well organized compared to a LOT of other forums I've been on. In the Performance section maybe have all the different areas categorized; i.e., when you click on "Garage" there are different sections. Do the same with the Performance section: Tuning, Intake, Intercooler, Exhaust, Misc (BOV, RMM, etc.)

At least just as an idea - might keep things more organized in this section since it seems to be the most popular/threaded section of the forum.

**EDIT** Do this rather than just a whole page of 'stickies'
Sound a like a good idea

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I think Java has a good idea. JP

·
Registered
888 Posts
I like the idea except for the fact that I like to peruse the performance section sometimes without having what I see narrowed down by a specific part of the car.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I like the idea except for the fact that I like to peruse the performance section sometimes without having what I see narrowed down by a specific part of the car.
I can see/agree with that argument. I just thought it'd be better organized and some things easier to find. Most of the forum is pretty straight forward, but the performance section is pretty loaded - and rightfully so with out cars :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
to be honest, there should be a collective thread on order of performance mods or upgrade sequence. Buscher Racing has a great one for DSM and Evos. there are enough performance vendors and tuners on here that should be all on the same page. great for noobs that are just getting into the ST community from other brands. it will help people avoid making a five thousand dollar mistake and having ford tell them sorry buddy your fault, like just strapping a MBC on and cranking boost. just food for thought.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just installed roush exhaust, roush cold air intake, Ford Racing program package, turbomaster bov and cat delete!

·
Registered
44 Posts
What do people recommend upgrading suspension or performance? If performance in which order would you go besides and AP to start?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
What do people recommend upgrading suspension or performance? If performance in which order would you go besides and AP to start?
It all depends on your driving preferences. I'm a mountain road carver and like to play on race courses, so suspension did it for me first. If you like highway racing or 1/4 mile then power mods are for you.

Just do a little of both! Lowering springs/ sway bars/ CBE/ tune and you'll be set!

The best bang for your buck power mods are a tune, downpipe and intercooler. CBE and intake gains are negligible

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can Ford tell if your car was tuned? I know with the 5.0 and the Copperhead ECU Ford can tell whther or not you had a tune on your cr nad you changed it back to stock. I would think that it would be the same ay with the Focus ST but I'm not positive.

·
The Mod with a Mouth
9,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Can Ford tell if your car was tuned? I know with the 5.0 and the Copperhead ECU Ford can tell whther or not you had a tune on your cr nad you changed it back to stock. I would think that it would be the same ay with the Focus ST but I'm not positive.
Yes we have already confirmed that a properly trained tech can see that ECU has been flashed. However they cannot tell if it was a calibration for more power.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts