Ford Focus ST Forum banner

661 - 676 of 676 Posts

·
Registered
2018 FoSt
5 Posts
Hello. So I have been on this forum for years. I figured I would wait till I actually owned a FoSt before posting anything. WelI finally bought one. 2018 Hot pepper red ST1. RS conversion kit. No mechanical mods except green filter. Just purchased a Level Performance intercooler, and going to purchase a downpipe here soon along with stratified Access Port. This car is really fun. My kids and I enjoy driving around town in it. Thanks for all the great info y'all provided on this forum. Cheers ?

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
@evocanival Did you get the Levels FMIC new or used?

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey everyone! I’m new on here and new to cars. I’ve always had trucks and motorcycles. Just bought a (barely) used 2018 FoST. I’ve had it about a month and already put a MBRP installer series exhaust and Moutune MR300 sans chargepipe (it’s back ordered). Thinking about my next round of mods. Any help is appreciated. I currently have a car going on Moutune: sound symposer delete, updated ARV, RMM and some sport lowering springs. What are the thoughts?

admin if this isn’t appropriate for into please let me know!

thanks!
Jeff

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Front Mount Intercooler (FMIC) is the first mod many suggest.

The OEM FMIC gets heatsoaked quickly.

There are many high quality FMIC options for our cars. I personally think Depot is the best bang for your buck when it comes to intercoolers.

The best dollar/hp mod is a tune but you’ll quickly get frustrated with the tune until you get an FMIC. One or two pulls is all you’ll get before you need to let it cool down for awhile.

Reactions: ISeeRedAndYellow

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Hey guys, finally bought a 2016 ST3 in tangerine scream. This is my first car paid for 100% by me. I've been saving for this car for 2 and 1/2 years and I've been driving a 1997 Chevrolet cavalier. I deeply enjoy the added 100 or so more horsepower while getting better gas mileage! Haha. Here's some pics as you can tell I like my colorful cars. Looking foward to meeting some of you out and about

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
I did not know the stripes were a factory option ?
It was either factory or a stealership installed option. Considering how they operate I don't think they would spend any extra money to put the stripes on. I'm the second owner but when I looked up the vin it had an original dealer ad with stripes already installed. Either way they look pretty good on the ts color. More racecar, less school bus. Haha

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST2
1 Posts
Hey guys and gals! First post here. Just bought a 2013 ST2 yesterday. Traded in a truck (2012 Tundra 5.7 4x4) that I no longer needed. Wanted more of a daily driver with decent gas mileage (I know I could have done better in that aspect but POWERRR (Clarkson voice)). I've been a car guy since I was a teenager. Started with my 1984 Toyota Land Cruiser when I was 16. Drove it all through high school and college. I still have it, garage queen that doesn't see the salty roads. Lifted with 33 inch tires, front bumper with winch, sliders, rear locker. Before the truck I had a 2015 Corolla S Plus 6MT. Fun car, but after test driving this ST yesterday there was no way I could drive a 1.8L naturally aspirated as a DD. My twin brother has a 2020 Civic Si and a 1989 240sx with CA18DET swap. The Focus will decimate all.

Car appears stock, nothing funny in the engine bay, perfect wheels with original tires on them (will have to get something for winter use). It has 91k miles on it, but I felt comfortable with the car. Again, nothing fishy. Perfect steering wheel, no extra wires I've seen, etc. Car will remain fairly stock. I love the way it drives.

661 - 676 of 676 Posts