Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 701 Posts

· Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

We hope that FocusST.org will become the premier resource for Ford Focus ST Owners across the world! To keep the place friendly, we ask that every new member post up an introduction thread letting us know a little bit about themselves, their current (and future) vehicles etc.

Please help us keep this site friendly and informative! Thanks in advance.

Attachments

· Registered
108 Posts
dascrow, thanks for administrating this thread. I'll bet once the ST starts being seen on the roads it will grow exponentially. I am an old dude (43) who has loved cars forever. I owned and modded a 1997 Nissan 200sx SE-R (my avatar) and loved it like a woman until its untimely death at the hands of a teenager blowing a redlight. I leased a Subaru Legacy (nice, but not my thing) until I could find another car to fill the hole in my heart. It has been my thought that a WRX or Evo would be the pick until the latest Car and Driver introduced me to the Focus ST. I always liked the SVT back in the day and am very intrigued by this car. I will learn as much about it through this forum and others and we'll see. If I buy one I'll be sure to pass on any info I have to help others.
Thanks again!

· Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome aboard braZen! Nearly everyone I have spoke with interested in the ST is also considering the WRX. I think Ford is going to grab a number of Subaru customers with the ST.

· Registered
39 Posts
OK, well I'm 50 years old I live in St. Louis MO. I've been a Ford guy for quite awhile. I currently have 4 Taurus SHOs, 2 91s, a 94, and a 97. I have an 02 Excursion used to recover/tow SHOs. I really like the looks of the new Focus, then got really excited about the new ST. I do most all my own wrenching, have not done any tuning but will be watching what people do to their STs on this forum. planning on getting a 2014 if everything works out.

· Registered
918 Posts
hello all new to your forum, but like what i see so far. thanks for having me. i'm in wichita kansas and currently own a 2012 titanium, but have on order a 2013 st3 in tuxedo black..

Attachments

· Registered
9 Posts
Hello all. I am in Montana. I am planning on buying an Oxford White ST3 next summer after I graduate from college (assuming I have an appropriate job lined up). I am looking forward to being a part of this community.

· Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome aboard Fletch! Now's thats what I'm talking about!! I purchased a used 95 Turbo Talon back in the day and I remember driving it straight to the drag strip that night. I wanted to know exactly what the car would run bone stock before it went under the knife. :cool:

Hello everyone. I am in Michigan, 43 and my ST3 in performance blue is a mid life crisis. It’s going straight to Waterford Hills our local track. Waterford Hills Road Racing

· Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome to the forum scherry!

Hello all. I am in Montana. I am planning on buying an Oxford White ST3 next summer after I graduate from college (assuming I have an appropriate job lined up). I am looking forward to being a part of this community.

Attachments

· Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome from Texas! Are you trading in the 2012 or adding the ST to the collection? I was hoping ford would have done a ST in that color.

hello all new to your forum, but like what i see so far. thanks for having me. i'm in wichita kansas and currently own a 2012 titanium, but have on order a 2013 st3 in tuxedo black..

· Registered
352 Posts
Hello All, I am from way up in up-state New York. Just received my order conformation last Friday, 8/3 and found your Forum today. Mine will be the ST2 Tangerine Scream. Can't hardly wait to see it and especially drive it!

· Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Joe, Welcome to the forum! Congrats on the ST2. Has the dealer given you an ETA?

Hello All, I am from way up in up-state New York. Just received my order conformation last Friday, 8/3 and found your Forum today. Mine will be the ST2 Tangerine Scream. Can't hardly wait to see it and especially drive it!

· Registered
329 Posts
Hello Y'all,
I also am interested in getting an ST. I thought I'd resarch the vehicle before buying one to see what needs and/or can be done to it. No matter what, any car as it comes from the factory can use improvement.
I live in SE Florida and I'm 70 years old (really) already.
Any idea if there is a list of places/areas where those ST test drives are going to take place?

Attachments

· Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Silver, Welcome!! 70 years young you mean? haha I don't know of any big events down there allowing test drives. I would check with your local dealer and find out when they are expecting them. I've heard a few conflicting reports so please let us know what they are saying in your neck of the woods.

· Registered
1 Posts
I'm into perfromance cars and have an 89 Camaro IROC Z road race car, a 70 Lotus Elan autox car, a 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP for the street and did run a 99 Mustang GT in the old Solo 1 events in Ontario Canada. The Focus ST seems like a good foundation for a Time Attack car that you can drive to the track and run. Will sell GXP to fund Focus ST.

· Registered
352 Posts
I haven't contacted them yet. I miss-typed my conformation date... conformation was 8/10 not 8/3. Pretty good considering that I ordered it on 7/27. I'll contact them today or tomorrow. I see a post where we can check status if we get the Vin from the dealer.

1 - 20 of 701 Posts