Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,174 Posts
Welcome...did not know clear was available. Have some uses for that.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Welcome...did not know clear was available. Have some uses for that.
Oh man, didn't think of that before - but spraying a clear "bra" on the front might be sweet! If it didn't look like crap. Plus it's removable, repairable, and costs a heck of a lot less than finding and paying someone to clear vinyl it (not to mention, I can't find anyone to clear vinyl it). Hmmm....

Wonder if it would actually protect at all from chips, etc.?

·
Super Moderator
7,174 Posts
Oh man, didn't think of that before - but spraying a clear "bra" on the front might be sweet! If it didn't look like crap. Plus it's removable, repairable, and costs a heck of a lot less than finding and paying someone to clear vinyl it (not to mention, I can't find anyone to clear vinyl it). Hmmm....

Wonder if it would actually protect at all from chips, etc.?
Cheap and easy...couldn't hurt.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
its just glossifier.

glossifier has no thick coat at all. it doesnt work the same as dip
I thought that as well .. but on their site, under Products, by the Gallon they have Clear listed separately from Glossifier. Course, it doesn't look like clear comes in the spray cans from them, which is what makes it cheap and easy. But - checking dipyourcar.com, they DO sell clear spray can dip - which is NOT the glossifier either - so it seems you CAN get "clear" dip in the spray can.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Yea - can't imagine it's really clear, but I might just grab a can or two and squirt it around to find out :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
if you get it from DM, let me know how quick shipping is.

dipyourcar is about 2-3 weeks out
Hey guys! If you would like we can get the clear aerosol spray. Our supplier is unfortunately in jersey so we are waiting on this storm for a shipment. If you would like to send us a email we can make sure to order whatever products you would like. The clear would be $6.00 a can. If you have any other requests let us know! Email: [email protected] site: DM Dip Company

·
Registered
915 Posts
I just wanted to say thank you to Mark Porretta,with D&M DipCo, for hooking up my wheels, at first i wasnt a believer in plasti dip, always thought powdercoating was the way to do wheels, but after seeing the job you did on my wheels, i believe i've come around.. Guys you really cant beat the price of this plastidip, mark hit my wheels with 3 coats of matte black and several coats of clear and i must say they look amazing.. And i had no idea that it could be used on body panels and whatever else too.. mark is relocating his business here to wichita, it will be plasti dipping and window tinting and maybe some other things as well, and its worth the call to have him handle your rides needs.. iI will be getting with him down the road for plasti dipping my hayabusa as well... Thanks again Mark.. hit me up again when you have more time and i will be glad to let you put a few miles on my ST,enjoy my heated leather seats!!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just wanted to say thank you to Mark Porretta,with D&M DipCo, for hooking up my wheels, at first i wasnt a believer in plasti dip, always thought powdercoating was the way to do wheels, but after seeing the job you did on my wheels, i believe i've come around.. Guys you really cant beat the price of this plastidip, mark hit my wheels with 3 coats of matte black and several coats of clear and i must say they look amazing.. And i had no idea that it could be used on body panels and whatever else too.. mark is relocating his business here to wichita, it will be plasti dipping and window tinting and maybe some other things as well, and its worth the call to have him handle your rides needs.. iI will be getting with him down the road for plasti dipping my hayabusa as well... Thanks again Mark.. hit me up again when you have more time and i will be glad to let you put a few miles on my ST,enjoy my heated leather seats!!!!
Anytime man thank you! I love dipping and your car is absolutely stunning. It changed me into a ST fanatic. Glad to work on any of your vehicles whenever you want something done.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Anytime man thank you! I love dipping and your car is absolutely stunning. It changed me into a ST fanatic. Glad to work on any of your vehicles whenever you want something done.
waiting to see the pix you took as well....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts