Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When driving a bit, then I need to give it gas, I wait and don’t stomp on it and the car starts to bog at the higher RPM. It’s doesn’t happen all the time. Someone said it may be moisture in the IC, and I do have a WMI and have adjusted it properly and changed plugs. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,443 Posts
What year is you ST?
There was a recall for gas tank deformation, or something like that. could be related.
Based on his profile pic it has to be a 13-14, also watch your fuel pressure @lightskinbrother. I had to replace my HPFP under warranty, mine is a 2013.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine is a 14. Did you really have to replace that? How many miles did you have on the car?

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
I might be looking at a fuel pump eventually too. Tuner says that my fuel pressure is hitting targets but does drop out a little soon but for now it's just fine. It's probably going to be a PITA but if it can last till winter then I might take it on. Might not be your problem but could be....

Any timing being pulled or anything like that? I'm going to assume you are in the right gear when you give it gas, obviously a high gear plus gas can bog it down but this sounds like something different.

I know we have had temp fluctuations of more than 40 degrees in the past couple days, 81 two days ago and got down to 40 at night with storms and humidity so moisture could be a factor. Maybe take some logs and see if you notice anything?

·
Premium Member
3,443 Posts
Mine is a 14. Did you really have to replace that? How many miles did you have on the car?

It was under warranty so I didn't do it thankfully, but I've always run 91 Chevron or Shell, rarely every light the "low fuel" light come on also. I would say I was around the 55,000 mile area at that time. I'd have to dig for paperwork to find out exactly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts