Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to my car last night tried to start it and it would only turn on. not turn over. the lights started flashing then said it couldnt detect my key. 5 minutes later the car was completely dead no power what so ever not even unlocking or locking would work

So I went ahead and bought a new battery today because I got a discount so I might as well.. Put that in, now the car gets full power everything works but when I go to start it, NOTHING. No sounds of it trying to turn over or anything.. Just doesnt attempt to start....ideas??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check the battery in the key fob. If its weak or dead it will have issues starting because it can't detect the key.
tried both of my keys. also tried putting the keys in the little slot in the steering wheel

I have also reset the kam/ecu on the cobb accessport

·
Registered
207 Posts
what happens if you try to jump it?

your symptoms are exactly what I saw when my battery quite suddenly went kaput, but a new battery solved my problem ...

it is possible you got a bad or insufficiently charged battery ..... I had mine put in at the parts store by them so no question about something being wrong there or happening en route ....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts