Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had my car in for the BCM recall a few weeks back. I got the car back and it did the new correct things, like I had to HOLD the start/stop button to turn the car off, the lights turned off when I exited the car no matter what setting they were on, etc...

Well yesterday I replaced an ABS Wheel Speed sensor since I might have hit it with a hammer while getting my strut knuckle off. When I re-started the car, the parking lights will now remain on if I have the parking lights on and turn off/exit the car, and simply pressing the start/stop now turns the car off.

Why?

·
Registered
651 Posts
Yeah, i've never had to hold start/stop. Just quickly pressing it like a button has always worked.

Reactions: UnfocusedST

·
Registered
331 Posts
Sounds to me like the car needs to go back in and get reflashed. Just be prepared to be in a loaner when the BCM toasts itself.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds to me like the car needs to go back in and get reflashed. Just be prepared to be in a loaner when the BCM toasts itself.
So am I correct in that the new update makes it so you're supposed to have to hold it for a second?

My car has had the update once when it went in for the trunk latch recall, but like I said it seems like it has reverted back to the way it was before with the lights and this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts