Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I did the pads and rotors and now the steering feels weird. I threw on my summer wheels at the same time but it just doesn't feel right. Also how do I get the e brake to tighten up ? I read that you drive in reverse and use the ebrake to stop. But it hasn't helped at all

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pull the handle several times. You have to bring the piston back out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
it's been a day I've pulled the handle a bunch of times I might have ****ed it up

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
When you bleed you are supposed to pump the e-brake several times when you do the rears. I didn't know this either until a shop told me, but I usually use a power bleeder and never needed to. Try bleeding the rears again and use this process.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I would check your rear brake pads and see if you put them one of them on backwards somehow. Make sure that the pads with the clips on them are on the inside, not the outside.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would check your rear brake pads and see if you put them one of them on backwards somehow. Make sure that the pads with the clips on them are on the inside, not the outside.
they are on the inside and I'm waiting for my power bleeder to come with fluid then I will try that and see what happens

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Still waiting on my power bleeder went and ****ed with the lines and now the e brake doesn't work and I tried that reverse and rip it up stuff too.

·
Registered
207 Posts
the e-brake is mechanical

the regular brakes (what you are bleeding) is hydraulic

not connected ..... just sayin' ......

when you put on the rears, did you "turn and press" while retracting the piston? Cuz if you didn't ... you possibly broke something.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts