Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm in neutral decelerating, (let's say coming to a stop light) and I feel the far start to shudder like it's going to stall. It's only for a quick second. Doesn't sound normal though, any ideas on what it is/how to fix it?

·
Super Moderator
10,049 Posts
Reactions: elyk864

·
Registered
98 Posts
TSB 16-0025 issued February 26, 2016

ISSUE:
Some 2015-2016 Focus ST vehicles equipped with 2.0L Gasoline Turbocharged Direct Injection (GTDI) engine may exhibit an engine speed dip with or without an illuminated malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) and/or diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) P2610 and/or P08B9 stored in powertrain control module (PCM) memory.

ACTION:
Reprogram the PCM to the latest calibration using IDS release 99.02 or higher. Make sure you are connected to the internet when entering module programming to obtain the latest updates.

·
Registered
428 Posts
TSB 16-0025 issued February 26, 2016

ISSUE:
Some 2015-2016 Focus ST vehicles equipped with 2.0L Gasoline Turbocharged Direct Injection (GTDI) engine may exhibit an engine speed dip with or without an illuminated malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) and/or diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) P2610 and/or P08B9 stored in powertrain control module (PCM) memory.

ACTION:
Reprogram the PCM to the latest calibration using IDS release 99.02 or higher. Make sure you are connected to the internet when entering module programming to obtain the latest updates.
Beat me to it. Thanks for paying it forward. I got mine fixed by sending mine to the shop and quoting this TSB. They still had to "reproduce" the issue, but at least they had the TSB for it and did the flash and haven't had the problem since.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Glad to hear this was a documented issue. I had this occur at traffic lights a few times in the ST, and It was so intermittent that I wasn't sure if I was imagining it or not. It reminded me of a more severe issue on a previous car where the idle control valve had become clogged with carbon and the car would stall when the gas pedal was released. It was one helluva challenge to drive in LA traffic from my place to the Santa Monica dealership in a manual transmission without letting off the gas pedal.

Anyway, glad there's a quick fix for this

·
Registered
235 Posts
Mine does the same thing periodically, only with the ac on though. Had the pcm flash done 6 months ago and it still does it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts