Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!
I recently bought my 2015 ST when I purchased it the owner provided me with the original clutch. he installed a ACT performance clutch (what the box says) and he said the rattle noise is normal with the upgraded clutch. I’ve also read here on the forum you can’t have a clutch upgrade without noise. Would love some clarification what’s going on. Still new to this whole thing. I’ve only owned trucks and 4x4s
It’s really loud and to be honest very annoying when daily driving
Video of rattle

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,427 Posts
I remember a guy on YouTube that demonstrated how to eliminate the rattle on his... I think what he did was slowly let out on the clutch pedal instead just dumping it quickly and it quieted it down tremendously. Give it a shot. If it doesn't, then it's not the same issue as he had.

Is it noisy like that with the clutch depressed?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is
I remember a guy on YouTube that demonstrated how to eliminate the rattle on his... I think what he did was slowly let out on the clutch pedal instead just dumping it quickly and it quieted it down tremendously. Give it a shot. If it doesn't, then it's not the same issue as he had.

Is it noisy like that with the clutch depressed?
it’s only noisy when the vehicle is in neutral or the clutch pedal is NOT engaged
Once the clutch pedal is compressed it silences

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,427 Posts
Could be throw out bearing or the issue that guy silenced by letting up on the clutch really slowly.

This guy explains it and it sounds a lot like yours to me.

Noisy clutch and how to quiet it

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
My exedy in a subaru and my ACT HD on my focus both have some chatter or rattle at idle with clutch disengaged. Push in the clutch about an inch or so it stops. Id say chatter is pretty normal on performance clutches

1 - 5 of 5 Posts