Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate to start a thread for this, but the search function is basically broken right now.

Somewhere, someone has a weight reduction thread with a spreadsheet of all of their weight reductions.

I was trying to find it with no luck.

·
Super Moderator
10,498 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
I hate to start a thread for this, but the search function is basically broken right now.

Somewhere, someone has a weight reduction thread with a spreadsheet of all of their weight reductions.

I was trying to find it with no luck.
Check out Brian from JST performance. He should have his weight reduction list on his website.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks everyone!

There was just something wrong with the search function last night, it was showing google results, but giving an error and no results for the site.
It's working now though.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
What are you looking to get your weight to? My interior is fully stripped (for the most part). 2875 with front dash and ac...

Edit: without me in it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
726 Posts
I'm 2953lbs with passenger seat out, nitrous bottle out, and full tank of e50 fuel.

Weighed it at 2973lbs, then removed the rear crash bar, and 2 chassis braces under the car and weighed them together at 20lbs which brings me down to 2953lbs. I also have lots of added weight with the big ass depo 5.5 beast, nitrous controller and system, and 4 port injection and a much heavier gtx3071 gen 2 garrett turbo with external wastegate system.

reasonable additional weight reduction for me would be to replace both front seats with light weight sparco seats, and get a light weight lithium battery. which would probably shed an additional 70lbs between the 2 (assuming I had both font seats in), so from 2953lbs it would be down 2900~ lbs with both racing seats in the car.

muffler deleted mbrp t409 kit
nvm damper 2lb box under rear deleted
2x chassis brace and rear crash bar deleted
passenger and rear seats deleted
owners manual delete (lol) it's 2lbs
engine cover delete & intercooler shroud delete
balance shaft delete w/oil pan baffle.
lighter 17x7 sparco trofeo's wrapped with nt555r 245/45/17 drag radial.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I didn't really have a goal, but since I knew someone already did the work on what most stuff weighs, I could get a ballpark idea of what my car weights without actually weighing it.
With my spare tire out I'm only down like 60 pounds from stock. Not really enough to even mention.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
With my spare tire out I'm only down like 60 pounds from stock. Not really enough to even mention.
Nonsense. That's nearly half a passenger...and a passenger makes a noticeable difference already. Weight reduction is weight reduction. It may be placebo, but I thought I felt lighter just removing it for autocross and throwing my car around...car felt easier to toss back and forth basically.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Nonsense. That's nearly half a passenger...and a passenger makes a noticeable difference already. Weight reduction is weight reduction. It may be placebo, but I thought I felt lighter just removing it for autocross and throwing my car around...car felt easier to toss back and forth basically.
You'd think it would be easier with the tire in because you'd have more weight to fling about... On the other hand, it's less weight holding the rear axle down, and you could get your speed up more readily... I don't know what to think anymore.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
You'd think it would be easier with the tire in because you'd have more weight to fling about... On the other hand, it's less weight holding the rear axle down, and you could get your speed up more readily... I don't know what to think anymore.
Indeed. I'd have thought having a co-driver would cause me to have slower times as well, but I ended up being more balanced with a co-driver and I enjoyed it more than without. I'm no professional by any means and I still consider myself a newbie by all means in AutoX, but I shaved a little over a full second off with a co-driver lol

·
Registered
312 Posts
Balance shaft delete, lighter wheels, back and front seat removed, and spare should be a crazy noticeable difference along with a lighter battery. Slotted Rotors should help too. I need to get on a low carb diet and knock off at least 20 lbs myself hehe

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I didnt see back seats listed. Any idea on the weight of those?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I didnt see back seats listed. Any idea on the weight of those?
According to JST's list = 71 lbs. Others have it at 75 lbs if you take out the brackets, sounds about right.

IMHO weight reduction is okay as long as it doesn't impede on the daily usability of the car. After a certain point however it makes more sense to add power.

1 tenth = 10hp = 100 lbs

If were talking restrictive Autocross classes like G Stock then your SOL.

But as I said there's an easy 2 tenths in the car just removing stuff that is easily put back in minutes.

You are getting into a quagmire without any hard data, it is placebo at that point. Get a G-Tech or V-Box, takes the guesswork out of modifications.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts