Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://blog.caranddriver.com/ford-...on-app-thats-already-on-your-phone-to-sync-3/

Ford is making Waze even simpler to use by integrating compatibility straight into its Sync 3 infotainment system. Unfortunately, a cord is still required.

Ford claims it is the first major manufacturer to integrate Waze straight into its own native infotainment system. Once a phone with Waze is plugged in, it will automatically display on the Ford Sync 3—equipped screen with full functionality, including voice commands and touchscreen controls. The feature will become available “in the coming weeks” on all 2018 Ford models, the automaker said, while older Ford vehicles equipped with Sync 3 will be able to receive an over-the-air update that will incorporate the new features and Waze compatibility.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've been using it with the Android Auto and really like it.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Alright this is great news!!! Benefit of better maps AND still using sync3. I haven't been the biggest fan of android auto, very glitchy and trying to use XM and android auto sucks.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I’m so happy. This just made my week. The most annoying thing is trying to use waze and whenever she speaks it cuts the car audio and automatically switches it back FM instead of what was playing, Sirius in my case often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts