Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,771 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
The way I'm reading this, Ford is making it possible to use Waze WITHOUT Android Auto. Instead, it will now be loaded natively by Sync instead of the "built in" nav system. It doesn't make it clear (to me) why you still need the phone plugged in, but I'm guessing that it's either for data connection or processing power.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Does anybody know if all SYNC 3 systems will support this or just newer builds? I plan on doing a SYNC 3 upgrade from my SYNC 2 ST and using Waze on my car's screen is my primary reason for doing it. This is good news for me so I want to make sure I get whatever system is going to support this update.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does anybody know if all SYNC 3 systems will support this or just newer builds? I plan on doing a SYNC 3 upgrade from my SYNC 2 ST and using Waze on my car's screen is my primary reason for doing it. This is good news for me so I want to make sure I get whatever system is going to support this update.
From what I've read, it will require Sync3 version 3.0, which is not out yet...officially.

·
Super Moderator
1,771 Posts
Right, but will all SYNC 3 systems (hardware-wise) will be able to perform the v3.0 upgrade?
They should, yes. The question is whether the newer USB hubs play a role in functionality that are present in 2017+ models. Currently I am using SYNC3 2.3 (official) on my 2016 ST2, and I know 3.0 works on it, as others have installed it without issue.

·
Registered
236 Posts
The way I'm reading this, Ford is making it possible to use Waze WITHOUT Android Auto. Instead, it will now be loaded natively by Sync instead of the "built in" nav system. It doesn't make it clear (to me) why you still need the phone plugged in, but I'm guessing that it's either for data connection or processing power.
It will make Waze available just like Pandora in the Apps on Sync 3. We have to wait for Waze to update to this functionality. I am currently on Sync 3 v. 3.0 and have the most up to date version of Waze, and it does not work as of today. You will need to connect the phone via USB, just like with AA.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I’m so pissed at ford for abandoning all of the myford touch users.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
181 Posts
I’m so pissed at ford for abandoning all of the myford touch users.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, just like ANY manufacturer, they want consumers to have more reasons to upgrade and buy NEW vehicles. It's more or less left to the aftermarket and individuals if they want to further develop and enhance the prior technology. While I wish that wasn't the case, I understand why it is the way it is.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Well, just like ANY manufacturer, they want consumers to have more reasons to upgrade and buy NEW vehicles. It's more or less left to the aftermarket and individuals if they want to further develop and enhance the prior technology. While I wish that wasn't the case, I understand why it is the way it is.
I’m all for new technology and improving on previous generations.
My issue is that they promised applink which didn’t happen. The new Ford pass app has nothing to offer myford touch users. As bad as the destinations app was at least I could send a route from my phone to my car. But no more. Sync services is gone next year.
Kinda sucks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts