Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
depending on what the fluid is, yeah it could be a problem.

if its coolant, then it is a big problem as the coolant system should not be discharging. of it is just condensation coming off of some of the AC parts, then that would be normal

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
Touch the puddle, smell your finger (only acceptable time to smell your finger...), does it smell like sweet coolant? If yes, issue. If no, does it smell like oil? If yes, problem, if no, does it smell like nothing? If yes, that's most likely just A/C condensation. This last option is the most likely option.

Edit: Dang, you posted that last night so you probably can't do this. Oh well, I'll leave it for future reference.

Another suggestion to you, drive your car again. Park it, wait an hour, go out and check. If you see no liquid...take it around the block a few times with the A/C on and then repeat the test. If you see a puddle and it's in the same place...you have your answer.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the suggestions, The liquid was odorless so probably just water, it seems like a lot for AC condensation.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions, The liquid was odorless so probably just water, it seems like a lot for AC condensation.
I've seen far worse. You'll see a good amount this time of year.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Get a flashlight and start looking for the source of the leak. If its something leaking that bad you would definately see signs of where it could be leaking from.

·
Registered
161 Posts
AC condensation usually comes from under the HVAC box where the drain is (basically center firewall area)

·
Registered
158 Posts
The more relative humidity there is in the air, the more water the A/C will produce. I don't know about where you are, but here in Hampton Roads there's been enough humidity to turn our A/Cs into Super Soakers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts