Ford Focus ST Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
:crazy:Taking it to the next level , a custom port injection W/M system 20140827_205900.jpg

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
near long beach

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Where in CA are you guys? I'm just now looking into meth, and would love to come take a look at what you have in person :)

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hi, I have the aem v2 kit installed along with the failsafe. The meth is injection as it should, but the Guage is just flashing. where did you hook up the failsafe yellow and blue wires?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
Hi, I have the aem v2 kit installed along with the failsafe. The meth is injection as it should, but the Guage is just flashing. where did you hook up the failsafe yellow and blue wires?
One to the Pid boost controller with a relay and the other one to a pizo alarm w/ relay and you should wire the relay to the default alarm set or it gets pissy if there is a alarm and you have to reset it. On the Pid you need to wire the relay to break the power wire on a alarm.

So when you get a alarm condition on mine, the pizo goes off, the Pid disconnects and the ECU throws a engine light because it lost the connection to the Pid , it drops you to spring pressure on your wastegate on a alarm condition

·
Registered
474 Posts
One to the Pid boost controller with a relay and the other one to a pizo alarm w/ relay and you should wire the relay to the default alarm set or it gets pissy if there is a alarm and you have to reset it. On the Pid you need to wire the relay to break the power wire on a alarm.

So when you get a alarm condition on mine, the pizo goes off, the Pid disconnects and the ECU throws a engine light because it lost the connection to the Pid , it drops you to spring pressure on your wastegate on a alarm condition
I'm not familiar with what a Pid boost controller is. I'm stock turbo, and can I get away with running just the pizo alarm? Yellow wire (+) to pizo + and out pizo - to blue wire (-)? do you have an amazon link to the actual "relay" I require? I thought I read the pizo would act as one itself. I'd love to just tape up the wires together and be done.
I filled up the tank today, and the Guage has been flashing, I through in a LED, stopped flashing and actually read the flow, then restarted car, flashed and didn't read flow again, even though the aem controller pump and supplied green led showed that it was pumping. Thank you for your insight and help#

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I'm not familiar with what a Pid boost controller is. I'm stock turbo, and can I get away with running just the pizo alarm? Yellow wire (+) to pizo + and out pizo - to blue wire (-)? do you have an amazon link to the actual "relay" I require? I thought I read the pizo would act as one itself. I'd love to just tape up the wires together and be done.
I filled up the tank today, and the Guage has been flashing, I through in a LED, stopped flashing and actually read the flow, then restarted car, flashed and didn't read flow again, even though the aem controller pump and supplied green led showed that it was pumping. Thank you for your insight and help#
You need to set up the software correctly in order for the failsafe to work, if your gauge is flashing you don't have the high and low flow correct. You can even set up the gauge lights to what color you want and have it do a auto select for your high and low, watch the video from AEM it explains it quite well. If your going to be doing these type of setup's on your ST you should have your tuner help you and make sure it is correct.

·
1,976 Posts
If I didn't want to install a bung in the charge pipe, would the boomba throttle body spacer be a good alternative?
As long as the tb spacer is recessed in that area to allow the nozzle to sit flush with the inside of the spacer. If not the spray pattern won't optimize, it will puddle, etc.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts