Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
If we have the TTR manifold can we mount the bundge in one of the flanges??
Not sure which one that is? do you have a picture of it? If you could mark it where you want the nozzle I would be able to answer your request.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Not sure which one that is? do you have a picture of it? If you could mark it where you want the nozzle I would be able to answer your request.
Here you go. image.jpg

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
AEM recommends the nozzle should be before the throttle blade

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
1,976 Posts
AEM recommends the nozzle should be before the throttle blade

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
That and just a single nozzle in one port won't give equal disto to the runners in that area of the manifold. Best solution is have a bung welded before the tb as shown, that is the route I am going as well.

Reactions: 5by108

·
Registered
748 Posts
There is a bung also before he throttle plate on this manifold.

·
1,976 Posts
There is a bung also before he throttle plate on this manifold.
That's after the tb, anything above is after. And that bung won't work either, the adapter plate is too thick. You want the nozzle flush with the inside surface for proper spray. If it sits too deep like the bung you are talking about you will get puddling, etc.

Reactions: Robs13st

·
Registered
748 Posts
Got ya

·
Registered
748 Posts
Any updates?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Any updates?
We are currently working on a small glitch with the fail safe unit and our ST, once that has been resolved the kit will be released. Should have it resolved by next week.

Thanks

·
Registered
524 Posts
What are you looking at for price?

I am in the day you release!

Could I purchase the AEM unit now, and then get the extra stuff you guys fabbed up aftwards?

·
Registered
430 Posts
I was wondering what the hell are all those wires to? The kit doesnt have that many in it. Is that a fuel sensor in the glove box as well? I see an E 10 displayed. That would account for some of the extra wires lol

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I was wondering what the hell are all those wires to? The kit doesnt have that many in it. Is that a fuel sensor in the glove box as well? I see an E 10 displayed. That would account for some of the extra wires lol
Most of the wires are for the two systems: The water meth system and the fail safe system. I did have the E85 already installed from a while ago.
For both systems there is some wiring, I not going to lie to ya LOL:shocked:

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
H20/Meth and Failsafe complete Final testing this weekend at Fontana Raceway

H20/Meth and fail safe is complete! I thought it would be a great opportunity to test out the new system and the Big Turbo, There's going to be some very hard competition in the line up for Sunday! Should be a great test to see how the ST fares up to much faster cars! and I am sure some great drivers. :crazy:

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Before and after dyno's

Here is the dyno's on pump 91 gas corrected and removed some boost 305 whp I did not re run the dyno after I reduced the boost to 19 PSI was at 22-23 on the dyno

Ricochet ST GTX2867R.jpg

And here is the Water / Meth w/failsafe

GTX2867R 23PSI H20 Meth.jpg

That should give you some idea of the gains using water / meth also I am only running 24 PSI on this run , there is plenty of room to bump that up to 27 PSI , just wanted to keep it reasonable for longevity:crazy:

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Very nice. Was that a 20 hp gain?

YellowfocusSTman
No the first dyno was on pump gas and corrected to 305 (341.5 -305 = 36.5 Gain ) I wanted to get the tune dialed in as best as possible at the lower boost first, I will be increasing it and re post the results.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
The kit was completed back in May, I had become a vendor and no one was interested at that time to make any purchases, so I built one for my ST and that was the end of it.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts