Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Tuxedo black 2015 Focus ST2
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve read a lot about water meth injection, but at the moment I don’t have the money for a kit nor the time to install it. Is it possible to use the mixture to just clean the intake valves? Like somehow spray it into the intake at idle(probably behind the MAP/MAF sensors I’d assume) and get the benefits of cleaning the valves until I can afford the kit?

·
Administrator
12,638 Posts
So I’ve read a lot about water meth injection, but at the moment I don’t have the money for a kit nor the time to install it. Is it possible to use the mixture to just clean the intake valves? Like somehow spray it into the intake at idle(probably behind the MAP/MAF sensors I’d assume) and get the benefits of cleaning the valves until I can afford the kit?
Well, you cant just dump w/mi in at idle, or if you do, and the engine doesnt stall or hydrolock, i dont think its going to clean much. Wmi is used during boost, lots of heat, and rpm which causes it to steam clean.

You should just wait and get a kit. No sense in fooling around with this, better off saving for wmi, instead of saving for a motor and have your car down. Not saying its likely to mess it up, but its not ideal. The time/risk/reward doesn't really add up in this scenario.

Valve cleaning is usually recommended every 40/50k miles. Theres a lot of cars out there who never clean their valves. So unless you are having running issues currently, save up them ducats.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts