Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people, so I recently discovered my
focus was leaking water into the trunk, filling up the spare tire well, I looked at a lot of forum thread and youtube, and tried a bunch of things, today I found where it's leaking from...sort of, I attached the picture where the water is leaking from. But not sure from where to the water gets in? do anyone has any ideas?
Thanks

Attachments

·
3,061 Posts
Start taking the interior Panels apart then put an open garden hose on top of the car, and turn on the spigot just enough that it allows the water to sheet over that area of the car. Get in the car with a flashlight and look for the source of the trickle.

Reactions: junits15

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Turbosmart BPV, Dual OCCs, Innovative RMM, JBR Intake & SS Arm, 245/40R18
964 Posts
Mine started a slow drip recently. Came through the hole where foam is further back in the same piece the light is in. Haven't had a chance to troubleshoot yet. I checked to be sure the hatch support bolts were tight as a first step.

I remember some folks reported the small quarter glass on the side could leak.

Exactly where a leak might go depends on how you park. I park on a small hill.

I did check the sunroof drains maybe a year ago and they were draining ok.

·
Registered
2013 TS ST3, with some stuff done.
495 Posts
Check where the cable passes from the body into the tailgate, the seal around the cable rubber can leak, you my need to lift the rubber, clean it, then put some silicone around the joints.

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Turbosmart BPV, Dual OCCs, Innovative RMM, JBR Intake & SS Arm, 245/40R18
964 Posts
Check where the cable passes from the body into the tailgate, the seal around the cable rubber can leak, you my need to lift the rubber, clean it, then put some silicone around the joints.
Thanks for the tip. 👍 Today got nearly 1/2" rain over maybe 6 hours, with several downpours and periods of light rain. So far so good.

I used black RTV tube cause I had some and black car. Used the small nozzle and carefully rotated removed fitting to get a good bead on the underside of seal area.

I have to say, the rubber on the grommet of my 2016 didn't seem as good a seal as older 2013 Mazda 3, even though very similar. I had it off on the Mazda installing an aftermarket backup camera.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts