Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

My W/M set up is through the washer fluid reservoir and it is leaking. Before I go about pulling the front bumper off, what should I use to seal it up? Since it is under some pressure, I wanted to make sure that whatever I use stays for more than 100 miles. I was thinking RTV gasket sealer, but wanted y'alls input first.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Hey Guys,

My W/M set up is through the washer fluid reservoir and it is leaking. Before I go about pulling the front bumper off, what should I use to seal it up? Since it is under some pressure, I wanted to make sure that whatever I use stays for more than 100 miles. I was thinking RTV gasket sealer, but wanted y'alls input first.

Thanks
My system has been setup that way for 3 years and 50k miles. Most likely it's just the filler neck. If you fill it to the top it will leak out until it's under the hole where the neck slides in.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My system has been setup that way for 3 years and 50k miles. Most likely it's just the filler neck. If you fill it to the top it will leak out until it's under the hole where the neck slides in.

I havent filled it all the way to the top, since theres no cap, with the hose feedig in that way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
I havent filled it all the way to the top, since theres no cap, with the hose feedig in that way.

Have a look at the pic. You'll see the two tabs. That's where it usually leaks from and is normal. If you pull the neck out see if it still leaks.
The first is my spare. The second is how I have it installed on my car.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have a look at the pic. You'll see the two tabs. That's where it usually leaks from and is normal. If you pull the neck out see if it still leaks.
The first is my spare. The second is how I have it installed on my car.

When the car is running, does the Methanol rise or expand? I usually only do half a tank of Methanol, since I dont have a washer cap. Am I able to take the neck out without removing the bumper and just remove the headlight?

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
When the car is running, does the Methanol rise or expand? I usually only do half a tank of Methanol, since I dont have a washer cap. Am I able to take the neck out without removing the bumper and just remove the headlight?

Yeah just pull it out from the top. There's a rubber gasket on the tank side where it leaks from when filled above the tank

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah just pull it out from the top. There's a rubber gasket on the tank side where it leaks from when filled above the tank

So that rubber gasket has gone bad then? Or is it common for the necks to seperate at the seam?

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
So that rubber gasket has gone bad then? Or is it common for the necks to seperate at the seam?

It's normal I guess. The neck is just press fit into the tank/gasket. Mine has been doing that as long as I can remember

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, just making sure. Boost Juice aint cheap lol

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Ok, just making sure. Boost Juice aint cheap lol

Yeah I just do 3 bottles of Heet and top off the washer fluid jug with blue washer fluid. Does the same thing and you can still wash your windows and cheaper than boost juice

1 - 10 of 10 Posts