Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

Been frequenting the forums before I decided to purchase a 16 st3 on nov 11. Just haven't decided to post anything until today. I loved this car, first thing I did was slap a ford racing exhaust because this car is just way to quiet stock(especially coming from a 500 abarth) when just 10 days after owning it.

Some girl hit my parked car from behind and totaled it. In fact she moved it about 15/20' and 2' over. I died a little when I came out to find that my beautiful new baby was assaulted. Thankfully the insurance is going to replace it but the thing that really sucks is; because of this Black Friday deal my car is now $4,000 cheaper and I can't get that money back. :sob::sob:
Unless I take her to small claims court.

Oh how I hate insurance.

My car was parked about 2 feet from where the end of her bumper is.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not to sure, what's gap insurance? I have a waiver of depreciation. Which allowed me to get the amount or close to amount that I paid

·
Registered
163 Posts
Gap insurance covers the difference in payoff from what you get from insurance to what is left on the loan. For example, your car is worth 30k, gets totalled 2 months after you buy it, insurance pays you out 25k, gap insurance covers the 5k difference.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think so, the car was bought flat out, no loan. If they didn't have this special on for 16 ST' I'd be getting all of my money back. But because they're offering it for cheaper that's all they will do. I'm just glad that she did enough damage to write it off, I did not want a brand new car already with a major accident.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
That sucks. I wonder if she was texting while she hit your parked car. Hopefully your exhaust ruined so you don't lose the money on that too

·
Premium Member
1,262 Posts
That truly sucks man, I bought my RR a couple of months ago and love it. Don't know they have GAP insurance in Canada.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
That's terrible news man, sorry about the stroke of bad luck. I can't help but notice the wheels, those are SE wheels are they not? Just curious because you said you bought it new, right?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm not to sure, what's gap insurance? I have a waiver of depreciation. Which allowed me to get the amount or close to amount that I paid
If you have a depreciation waiver you should get what is on your bill of sale regardless of what they're selling for today.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts