Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so cylinder 4 has no compression. The vehicle is tuned and flashing to stock. How many key cycles should I do and how exactly do I do them? Do I just turn the vehicle to “on” and back off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,427 Posts
Alright so cylinder 4 has no compression. The vehicle is tuned and flashing to stock. How many key cycles should I do and how exactly do I do them? Do I just turn the vehicle to “on” and back off?

So you blew the motor, and now want Ford to pick up the tab? Like they havn't seen this dog and pony show a few times over the last 6 years?

I'm not sure what exactly is needed to count as an ignition cycle. How many miles are on your car? When was it last dealer serviced?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Literally just bought it last month. Dealer warranty for 3000 miles 3 months. Haven’t really done anything to the car. Lspi was not the cause though

·
Super Moderator
7,427 Posts
Literally just bought it last month. Dealer warranty for 3000 miles 3 months. Haven’t really done anything to the car. Lspi was not the cause though

How many miles on the car?

What tuner, maps, fuel, mods?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Full tune. Mods are kinda irrelevant. Probably 200 miles on the tune, on my last ST probably a few thousand

·
Super Moderator
7,427 Posts
Full tune. Mods are kinda irrelevant. Probably 200 miles on the tune, on my last ST probably a few thousand

I want to know mods for our sites knowledge. What caused the motor to blow.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FBO big turbo gtx2867 gen 2. It was boosting more than it should’ve because before it was data logged on my last ST which had a boost leak we didn’t know about until now so he turned it up so it actually made what it was supposed to now on this one with no leaks it was boosting too much because the same map was turned up. Was pushing about 29.6 lbs. my own fault but I wanna see how far I can get w this warranty. It’s a third party warranty company through the dealer I bought it through, not a ford warranty.

·
Super Moderator
7,427 Posts
FBO big turbo gtx2867 gen 2. It was boosting more than it should’ve because before it was data logged on my last ST which had a boost leak we didn’t know about until now so he turned it up so it actually made what it was supposed to now on this one with no leaks it was boosting too much because the same map was turned up. Was pushing about 29.6 lbs. my own fault but I wanna see how far I can get w this warranty. It’s a third party warranty company through the dealer I bought it through, not a ford warranty.

Nice, well with a third party, you may be well into luck. They shouldnt have the ford specific diagnostic equipment to check the ignition cycles.

Wait you had a ST tuned and bolted, blew it and threw the mods and tune on another ST? Lmfao

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The last one was totaled in a accident not to do with me unfortunately... I knew it was boosting a little high and was actually going to send logs later that day as the BT was only on for a couple days and doing pulls there were little to no negative corrections so I figured it was fine for a little but my ringlands thought otherwise..

·
Super Moderator
7,427 Posts
The last one was totaled in a accident not to do with me unfortunately... I knew it was boosting a little high and was actually going to send logs later that day as the BT was only on for a couple days and doing pulls there were little to no negative corrections so I figured it was fine for a little but my ringlands thought otherwise..

Yah live, yah learn. As long as you're ok, its all good.

Is your car going back to a ford dealer, or some other dealer? If its not ford, and the warranty is third party, you may have a good stand. All the aftermarket though. Thats a lot to try and hide, or revert, or act like it was there, lol.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yah live, yah learn. As long as you're ok, its all good.

Is your car going back to a ford dealer, or some other dealer? If its not ford, and the warranty is third party, you may have a good stand. All the aftermarket though. Thats a lot to try and hide, or revert, or act like it was there, lol.
Yeah everything stock is going back on. Going to a ford dealer for the inspection though.

·
Super Moderator
7,427 Posts
Yeah everything stock is going back on. Going to a ford dealer for the inspection though.

Oh geez. With a ford dealer, they have the capabilities. With a blown cyl 4, you wont be starting the car over and over again, lol. Tough situation. I guess just turn it to run, then off, a metric **** tonne of times. I'd open the door in each cycle. Just to really drive home the bcm recognizing the ignition off. Then again, I dont have any hard proof of this working. Hopefully someone else chimes in with more knowledge, but as a whole, not many of us have access to the diagnostics equipment to really nail down how it works.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh geez. With a ford dealer, they have the capabilities. With a blown cyl 4, you wont be starting the car over and over again, lol. Tough situation. I guess just turn it to run, then off, a metric **** tonne of times. I'd open the door in each cycle. Just to really drive home the bcm recognizing the ignition off. Then again, I dont have any hard proof of this working. Hopefully someone else chimes in with more knowledge, but as a whole, not many of us have access to the diagnostics equipment to really nail down how it works.
I appreciate the help! I’ll disconnect the battery and turn the lights on to overload the thingy or whatever, heard of that wiping pretty much everything. Also gonna do a **** ton of cycles

·
Registered
195 Posts
Not like ford has a bulletin out or anything detailing exactly what to look for to determine abuse, and in that section is what to inspect for overboost. Oh wait, yeah they do. Honestly doesn't matter what the dealer says, the warranty company will ask for customer pay teardown and then send an inspector to survey the damage who will report back to the warranty company their findings and a decision will be issued from there. Most of that stuff is pretty easy to tell if its been removed before. Marks on bolt heads for the turbo and related components that shouldn't have ever been removed will show signs of tool marks. Good luck though

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Not like ford has a bulletin out or anything detailing exactly what to look for to determine abuse, and in that section is what to inspect for overboost. Oh wait, yeah they do. Honestly doesn't matter what the dealer says, the warranty company will ask for customer pay teardown and then send an inspector to survey the damage who will report back to the warranty company their findings and a decision will be issued from there. Most of that stuff is pretty easy to tell if its been removed before. Marks on bolt heads for the turbo and related components that shouldn't have ever been removed will show signs of tool marks. Good luck though
Preciate it!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts