Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want more preformance out of my car but I don't want to void any warranty can you guys tell me about your experiences with parts and warranty problems ?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,025 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Reactions: HBGeek

·
Registered
321 Posts
I want more preformance out of my car but I don't want to void any warranty can you guys tell me about your experiences with parts and warranty problems ?
My personal experiences have been favorable, however it depends on the dealer doing the work. Some are more mod friendly than others. When it comes to the majority of performance parts, it's best to ask the company that makes it.

As others have mentioned, mountune's MP packages come with a warranty. It used to be when installed by a mountune dealer or Ford dealer, but recently they updated it to be good when installed by any ASE certified shop, which is pretty cool. Ford Performance has similar packages with their own requirements. K&N also claims that their filter won't void your warranty, and I've never heard of a dealer attempting to deny a warranty claim because of a K&N filter. Most dealers also won't deny a claim because of a cat-back exhaust, but it's always dealer discretion. Sure you can fight it, but generally that won't get you far unless you are willing to pony up for a lawyer.

Many will point out the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act and that it states the dealer must prove that the mod caused the failure, but in practice it's more likely you'll have your claim denied and need to go to court and prove that the mod didn't.

TL;DR: It's up to the dealer. I've had good experiences, but YMMV. Some manufacturers offer their own warranty or guarantees.

As for Ford Performance & mountune, the person responsible for uploading products to the site is actually working on adding those two brands to the site today.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Here at Steeda, we manufacture parts in the U.S.A. that do not precipitate damage in the first place - we stand behind our products 100%.

We have a great reputation in the industry & it may be valuable to ask your dealer if they are okay with adding Steeda parts.

Best Regards,

TJ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts