Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Inside the '60s, Richard Novak made surfboards and traveled all over the world searching to get the best wave.

Today he makes skateboards and travels all over the world making distribution contracts for his million-plus company. http://skateszone.com/different-types-of-skateboards-list-for-beginners/

Novak's Santa Cruz Skateboards, one of the nation's top skateboard manufacturers, cranks out boards monthly and its likely the very best companies in Santa Cruz County, about 50 employees.

Within the firm's Soquel factory, several corrugated-metal structures inside the eucalyptus grove, the appear of drills, routers and reggae music fill the weather. Workers operate machines that punch out wood skateboards within one minute.

Novak's skateboards cost, including wheels as well as other components, a lot more compared for skateboards created in Taiwan and supplied by K mart.

"We've removed Taiwan,' stated Novak, who's self-capitalized. "We beat the junk stuff.' Today's skateboarders want quality boards and may supply the cost --or perhaps in the very best their parents will, he stated.

Novak has become chances to produce inside the China at affordable cost points, and could not. He's adamant about remaining a U.S. manufacturer.

The organization is the greatest three U.S. skateboard manufacturers along with Powell Corp. of Santa Barbara and Vision Sports Corporation. of Costa Mesa. Novak stated nearly three million skateboards can be found yearly inside the united states . states . States.

Since the customers are so based on trends in board styles, manufacturers furthermore for his or her distributors face major risks making use of their inventories.

"Buying habits change so quickly,A stated Dale Cruz, online sources San Jose-based Go Skate Surf & Sports Corporation., power that elevated in a single store to eight in the last 13 years. "A board will sell eventually together with a few days ago it won't. best skateboards

A good deal depends upon the professional riders who endorse specific manufacturers' boards. Eventually a professional is riding another board with no-one really wants to ride the primary one he knowledgeable about endorse.'
skateboarding-scholarships.jpg
Levels of competition are stiff among skateboard makers.

"It offers a great deal associated with cost and board design,' stated Len Kado, controller for Vision Sports Corporation. "Design is really competitive. These kids love good graphics over the boards.'

Furthermore, you will find more than boards to market with what observers feel are becoming as much a existence-style like a sport. Kado's company features tattoos that wash off and hubby is afraid Santa Cruz Skateboards and Vision will duplicate them.

Novak designed wheels for skateboards which are currently an average in the marketplace, getting him a enjoyable profit. The "trucks,' that have the wheels overall and let skaters to "grind' their boards on curbs and ramps, cost $30 to $40 some.

Since Novak's boards will be the most broadly used, also, he's options inside the lucrative skateboard clothing and shoe business.

He recently rejected a clothing deal with a Japanese company for fear he might come unglued of his trademark. Part of his business, however, includes sales of T-shirts, sweatshirts and decals that skaters stick by themselves boards.

Skateboarding has been around an increase since 1984. "It went gangbusters and possess been bad from Novak stated. "We've not peaked out now.A

There are more than 31 million children between 5 and 13 14.5 million between 13 and 17, reflecting a massive market coming, he stated.

Novak is cultivating his overseas sales, trying to soon have $5 million to $countless in sales. Today, sales stand at $2 million to $3 million.

He just opened up in the Brazilian market and offers strong sales in Japan, Australia, Germany and the rest of Europe. Furthermore, you will find big markets in England, he added.

Santa Cruz Skateboards produces fully-outfitted boards--with wheels and touches--within the production volume. The unequipped boards usually cost about $40 in stores. How to ride a skateboard for beginners

Novak stated he's more than back orders for boards. He really wants to hold growth lower to 33 percent nevertheless it keeps sneaking around 50 %.

"My technique is searched for after,A he stated. "We ensure we don't produce more than we are in a position to sell.'

·
Registered
313 Posts
If you can prove that the mods were there when you bought the car and the warranty than you SHOULD be in the clear. However; it will come down to how much you are willing to fight.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
If it's not a Ford warranty they won't care. They're getting paid either way. I had a transmission replaced even under a Ford extended warranty on my F250 5 speed for 2nd gear synchro and that truck had plenty of mods from the previous owner. If it's not a Ford warranty you can take it anywhere. Also my buddy just had the same issue on his 13 ST stage 3 and no problems getting the trans replaced. I think he just removed the shift bracket.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
My guess and it's just that a guess. If you have transmission issues a window mod or snorkel mod didn't cause it. However...a transmission mod sure could have. I would start there

·
Registered
530 Posts
Take the acecssport out, unmarry it from the car, buy a stock shift plate, and take it in. If there's a tune found, I don't know first hand, but I imagine that will void any warranty. The other stuff can't be proven to cause an issue. If you had a busted air sensor and a catless dp, yeah, you're screwed, but a bad syncro has nothing to do with an intercooler. They can argue the extra torque is putting excess stress on the gears and shift plate is wrecking the syncro. Otherwise, what other people said. If it's a Ford warranty, be more careful, if it isn't then most likely nobody will care. Find a way to prove your car had the mods at purchase of warranty, and you'll be fine no matter what company the warranty is from.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Since you don't have the Accessport that the car is married to, I don't think there's any way you can flash back to stock. The stock PCM image is stored on that Accessport. I think a dealership could reflash it to stock, but that's not a good thing, you'd permanently lose your tune.

Someone local to you will probably sell you a stock shifter setup, or let you borrow the parts you need. Head to your local thread and make some friends.

·
Registered
477 Posts
If I were you, I wouldn't take it to Ford for service. I'd go to another shop with the tune left on the car and the stock shifter setup reinstalled.

Transmission work is also a good opportunity to throw in a Limited Slip Differential.?

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
I am not tuned so I don't know exactly how it works but, if you go tuned and Ford does an update to your car it will brick your pcm.

·
Registered
825 Posts
First off the op is GUESSING it is inside the transmission.
I say start with the shift CABLE.
IMO there IS no 'notorious' second gear synchro problem. LOL

(Too much reading, not enough experience)

FIrst off LOOK at the sifter mechanism under the inside the cabin shift boot.
See if any little bit og plastic or metal has fallne into the shifter.
Second, have you buddy mechanic LOOK at the shifter cable AT THE TRANSMISSION. It must be exact and perfectly aligned.
The shifter cable ends can move, or get worn too. If there is ANY play in the cable to transmission connector you need to replace
the cable.

Checking this stuff may be all you need.
Hell of a lot cheaper than a new transmission.

·
Registered
52 Posts
They WILL send out an inspector on your vehicle when submitting a transmission replacement claim. They could void replacing the trans for a tune... def void it for short shifter bracket. Most adjusters just adjudicate claim according to the contract and what the inspector finds. If i where you i would just remove the visible accessport and short shifter bracket, and bring it to your guy. Not a Ford Dealer. 9/10 they wont even be able to verify a tune at a independent shop. I actually adjudicate claims for ext company all day. I wouldnt be to worried about it. They have to prove it directly effects operation of the component being replaced.

·
Premium Member
13,883 Posts
They WILL send out an inspector on your vehicle when submitting a transmission replacement claim. They could void replacing the trans for a tune... def void it for short shifter bracket. Most adjusters just adjudicate claim according to the contract and what the inspector finds. If i where you i would just remove the visible accessport and short shifter bracket, and bring it to your guy. Not a Ford Dealer. 9/10 they wont even be able to verify a tune at a independent shop. I actually adjudicate claims for ext company all day. I wouldnt be to worried about it. They have to prove it directly effects operation of the component being replaced.
They won't void your warrenty. Please stop using that word. They can deny a warrenty claim.

Sent from another galaxy.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
They won't void your warrenty. Please stop using that word. They can deny a warrenty claim.

Sent from another galaxy.
I share this pet peeve. It irks me how common it is said.

Reactions: Cooper

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I was full "stage 3" and had 2nd gear synchro issues. Flashed to stock tune and I removed my short shift bracket. Family Ford in Wayne on 46 knew my car had been tuned but they replaced the trans free and under warranty...I brought it in w/ 59.5k miles.

Remove the short shift kit/bracket and bring it to a ford dealer (recommend family ford based upon my experience). But as others have mentioned, if you don't have the Cobb AP and they flash the car, you'll lose your tune. Which will require you to buy an AP/tune (~$500). Or you can get a new trans on your own dime. Choice is yours.

·
Registered
9,129 Posts
Brought my car in with crappy Transmission issues, car was fully tuned with bolt on's. They still took my warranty and replaced the Trans with no issue. Some Dealer's are cool, some are not so.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts