Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess ill start this off with, everyone involved in this incident is 100% fine. Yesterday morning on my commute to work, I came to a stop inside a tunnel that has a traffic light at the end. As I usually do, I looked in my rearview mirror and noticed a truck going about 45mph about 20 feet from me. With no time to really react, I just braced for impact. The truck pushed me into the car in front of me, and that car was pushed into another car. The ST did its job and kept me safe, only one airbag went off (knee airbag).

20170919_080035.jpg
20170919_080031.jpg
20170919_080606.jpg

Im fairly sure that with this amount of damage, the car will be totaled. So I am currently shopping for something newer, haven't made a full decision on whether to get back in a Focus ST or buy a new Fiesta ST.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Ah man too many of these painful posts :( Glad everyone is alright! I'm pretty positive that you're correct and that it's totaled. Will you be saving any of the parts for the potential next car?

This morning this exact thing almost happened only due to fog. Thick fog leading up to a usual spot where there is a school bus w/ trailing traffic. I slowed early and sure enough there was a line of cars. I still had to hit the brake pretty hard, but stopped with plenty of time. The car behind me was met by my flashing brakes (I was pumping them intentionally to alert him) and he SLAMMED his on. The truck behind him was close enough to stop but didn't have his lights on (idiot) and within like 10 seconds I saw a jeep go flying into the ditch in my rearview to avoid the truck. Banged up the guys bumper pretty good hitting the ditch. After that thought the bus turned off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Damn sorry to hear that! Glad everyone's alright! I just had that happen to me couple months back, luckily I was the one in the front, only got the rear damage. And the vehicle behind me was just high enough to miss my exhaust lol. Still $3500 in damages but all fixed now. Wouldn't want to replace my st!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I'd be real interested in that new fiesta ST, especially since it's probably the last of it's kind. After driving them at OA I really have started to like them, at least take one for a spin! Glad everyone is okay, and that sucks hopefully the insurance check is nice.

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
Sorry to see this, but glad everyone is okay. Don't know how it is in your area, but around here it seems a large portion of the wannabe ******** drive their pick 'em trucks like total doucehbags!

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Only had my Focus for a couple of weeks. Seen a few of these accidents. Sad they get totaled but happy to see everyone is safe.

Reactions: LockeLamora33

·
Registered
184 Posts
Oh man, I hate that hopeless feeling when you know a collision is imminent and there's nothing you can do. Nearly a decade ago, I was in the turn lane for a 4 lane road to turn left, and someone pulled out of the office park and ran into another car, causing them to start spinning straight toward my car. I didn't have time to slam the car into reverse to avoid a collision so I just waited for it. Fortunately it all worked out for me; there was some minor scraping on my bumper and the other lady's insurance paid me over $800 that I happily pocketed.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I live in TX which is the pickup capital of the world and I would say they are no worse, and maybe a little better, than car drivers. The worst are the Hispanics in old, clapped out Kia's and Corolla's that drive way too slow, and probably with no insurance.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you everyone. Went to look at some new cars today, local lot doesnt have a FiST but they do have a nitrous blue RS. Decisions . . . Decisions.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Dude! Sorry this happened to you and glad everybody's alright.

I hope they total it for you but mine looked way worse and they fixed it :popped out: I didn't have any rear end damage though, good luck man.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Glad everyone is alright, sorry about the car though. Well, when some doors close, others open up, like with that RS haha. You have quite the decision indeed.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Man... People can't drive for **** anymore. Too busy playing on Facebook & texting. I haven't had a car in the last 10 years that wasn't smashed by some idiot not paying attention, including being rear ended in my ST.

Glad everyone was ok, hopefully everything works out!

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Man... People can't drive for **** anymore. Too busy playing on Facebook & texting. I haven't had a car in the last 10 years that wasn't smashed by some idiot not paying attention, including being rear ended in my ST.

Glad everyone was ok, hopefully everything works out!
Whenever I really love one the items I own, I dream of having it until I am old. I have learned over the years that just simply never happens, even thinking about it is bad luck, it always gets lost, stolen, broken or sold.

You just reminded me I wont have my FoST forever. Kinda depressing.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Did the airbag hurt? I've never had one go off, but some guys on here say that knee one can really hurt.
Yeah the airbag caused some pretty good bruising and some burns on my left leg.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Yeah the airbag caused some pretty good bruising and some burns on my left leg.
@The STig this is about on par with how I described it the other day in the other thread...that thing is wicked and gives you a nice burn on top of the dent. Especially if you're tall.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ouch! Did you ask the guy in the pickup if that text message was worth it?
No, at the time I was just in shock of the situation. My first thought was to make sure everyone involved was okay. Looking back now I shouldve knocked the dudes teeth out for endangering the lives of several other people.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts