Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody wanna sell their stock muffler? I need to put my stock exhaust back on and get the car over to Ford for a blown engine. I have two problems though. My stock muffler is MIA and my exhaust pipe was cut in order to remove it from the car. The muffler is my priority but if anyone has a full uncut exhaust they wanna sell, I'm listening. Thanks!

·
Registered
226 Posts
The only way to drop an uncut exhaust is to drop suspension. That said, you should be able to use a clamp or have it welded if you source a cut muffler.

Are you concerned about getting your warranty claim denied based on your catback? Or do you have a downpipe?

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
you are safe to leave your exhaust on for any type of warranty work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am def worried my warranty will be denied. My buddy is a service manager at a ford dealership. He said I must return everything back to stock. The exhaust will void the warranty. He can’t guarantee my warranty will be accepted bc they may send an inspector. The welds are an issue but can only do what I can do. I have an mbrp DP and cat back. I am located in the Illinois/Wisconsin border

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm in the STL area with the Cat Back section in two pieces. Mid pipe and muffler.
the muffler is spotless... the mid pipe is buried somewhere.

·
Registered
483 Posts
The only part I would be worried about is the downpipe. The only part of the warranty that could be denied by changing the muffler is the muffler. By swapping out the downpipe your messing with the emissions system which has ties to many other functioning parts of the motor.

Reactions: Fordtech402
1 - 8 of 8 Posts