Ford Focus ST Forum banner

141 - 160 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
@RocketST just wanted to chime in again and say good work. I won't be buying this, but it's cool to watch the development of a part, especially if it's from another ST owner and not a big business.

I wish there were a wider selection of 3D printers available. I think the workspace size is an issue for a lot of the printers that are available on the market. I've considered trying to have a part produced through 3D printing but the part would be too big for most printers.
Ox, 3-D printing has absolutely captured me. I feel like a chimpanzee that woke up one morning and discovered that he had an opposable thumb. All the stuff that was locked away in our head can now be actualized in the real world.

I was hoping that some of the Forum members would enjoy seeing how these processes work. I'm glad that you've found it interesting. And you are right that there are some size limitations for direct additive manufacturing. But, there are virtually no limits when you consider hybrid 3-D technologies. There are now 3-D scanners being used by boat builder's to make bass fishing boats. If I can be of any assistance to you in investigating potential product development ideas, don't hesitate to contact me. I really enjoy hearing new ideas, particularly from those such as yourself, who have shown their hands on abilities. Thanks for your interest and support. It is not only greatly appreciated, but when things get tough, it's what keeps me going. JP

·
Registered
79 Posts
Awesome watching the progress of this! Very interested with this since I wanted the frpp scoop without having to buy their intake. Consider me in on this

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Awesome watching the progress of this! Very interested with this since I wanted the frpp scoop without having to buy their intake. Consider me in on this
Koil, that's great. I'll put you on the Update List. Yeah, it's nuts that you gotta buy a $50 filter if you don't need it. Thanks, JP

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
If I'm not already on the Update List, I want to be. Thanks again for all your hard work on this.
Hey Grinder, thank you for that. Got you on the Update List. JP

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Intercooler is going on tomorrow...can you say next day air?:haha::haha:
No one would be happier to see FedEx running up to your door tomorrow Gerry. I've never tried it, but there is a way to install the Snorkel without removing the bumper cover. I've read it's pretty easy (there's a Thread on it). I swear I can remove the bumper in less than ten minutes. Now, I realize I've dropped my bumper more times than Lindsay Lohan has dropped her panties, but it really is easy. And for the benefits of the Snorkel, well worth the effort. You'll probably save enough buying the RS Snorkel to pay somebody to do it for you. You deserve a five dollar discount for persistence. Thanks man, JP

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yeah, well FedEx and I don't have a very good track record of late anyway:wink: I always start my calls to "customer service" with "I hope you're recording this, cause we're fixin' to have a conversation".:smile:

·
Registered
561 Posts
In my experience USPS smashes both UPS and FEDEX for timely overseas shipments.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
sub'd for updates
Sup, I just sent the file for the "Master Snorkel" to the Prototype shop today. In this photo, you can see how the last print was slightly off, on the mating parts. If the Master fixes this issue, and everything else looks good, we can take the next step. I'll post up some info on the progress later this week. Thanks for your interest. JP

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts
Sup, I just sent the file for the "Master Snorkel" to the Prototype shop today. In this photo, you can see how the last print was slightly off, on the mating parts. If the Master fixes this issue, and everything else looks good, we can take the next step. I'll post up some info on the progress later this week. Thanks for your interest. JP
That's a sexy intercooler ;)

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #153

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
Forgot to tape up the proprietary zip ties on the latest picture! :D
Good eye Fiva. The blue Snorkel print had a different method of joining the two halves than the later (tan) print. We wanted to keep that under our hat. Unfortunately, it didn't work like we had hoped in this case, and we redesigned that joint. I wanted guys to see as much of the process as possible, but there are intellectual property considerations that need to be respected. I wish I could take credit for inventing the zip tie. JP

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #157

·
Registered
371 Posts
Been following this project from the beginning, can't wait!!! Money in hand!

141 - 160 of 194 Posts