Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks! I'm Chris, I've been driving a Subaru Impreza 2.5i for 8 years. Yesterday I went into the Ford Dealer and traded in the Subaru and paid some cash and long story short, in the next 4 days or so I expect my 2017 Ford Focus ST (Magnetic color, ST1) to be delivered to the dealer (it's currently in a train car somewhere, or so I'm told).

I have a 17 month old kid. After a lot of research (and putting my sons car seat into a couple cars) I settled on a Focus ST instead of a WRX. After my test drives, I can say I'm totally happy with this choice.

I hope to be somewhat active here!

Will post pics in a new thread as soon as it arrives!

Cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I'm assuming a Boomba Racing BOV will defunct my factory warranty :"( If not, let me know. I like what I've seen.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks! I'm assuming a Boomba Racing BOV will defunct my factory warranty :"( If not, let me know. I like what I've seen.
Welcome! The BOV is easy to reach and remove/ swap so if you ever have an issue and need to bring it in to the dealer, just put the stock BPV back. No way for them to tell.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
It's definitely higher quality than the crappy stock BPV. And it's LOOOOUD. Loudest and best sounding option available (in my opinion..hence why it's still on my car)

·
Registered
660 Posts
As someone else said, you can just switch it back. Although Ford would be hard pressed to prove an aftermarket BOV caused any type of damage.

Reactions: DailyDriver

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
As someone else said, you can just switch it back. Although Ford would be hard pressed to prove an aftermarket BOV caused any type of damage.
To add to my reply and this one, when I purchased my car I was told by the technicians that NOTHING done to it (I bought it used with some mods already on it) would cause warranty issue. It already had the Boomba. Ideally it's preference of the technician but the odds of it causing damage and being proven are extraordinarily slim.

·
Registered
334 Posts
In my experience its dealer dependent. You can find some really mod friendly dealers and some not so much. Ultimately they have to prove the modification cause the damage to the car.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Welcome aboard. My two kids love riding in my ST. My son was heart broken yesterday when get got stuffed into the wife's Edge.

Sent from another garage.
Mine as well. 2 car seats in the back and its not too difficult getting them in and out. My 4 year old loves riding in "Lightning McQueen"!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Howdy folks! I'm Chris, I've been driving a Subaru Impreza 2.5i for 8 years. Yesterday I went into the Ford Dealer and traded in the Subaru and paid some cash and long story short, in the next 4 days or so I expect my 2017 Ford Focus ST (Magnetic color, ST1) to be delivered to the dealer (it's currently in a train car somewhere, or so I'm told).

I have a 17 month old kid. After a lot of research (and putting my sons car seat into a couple cars) I settled on a Focus ST instead of a WRX. After my test drives, I can say I'm totally happy with this choice.

I hope to be somewhat active here!

Will post pics in a new thread as soon as it arrives!

Cheers
Congrats!

I totally feel your pain about the wait, I put down my deposit for my MM ST3 last Friday and was told a delivery date between the 6th-13th. I lucked out and the dealer called me and told me it was there on Monday! Granted I live like 30 minutes from the factory where it was built.

The only downfall is that there was a paint imperfection in the hood so I have to take it back next week for them to repaint it. I was not about to let them keep it for another 3 days...and I had an appointment to get the windows tinted already.

I sure hope you're ready to grin like a kid on Christmas...it's been 4 days and I haven't stopped yet!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Congrats!

I totally feel your pain about the wait, I put down my deposit for my MM ST3 last Friday and was told a delivery date between the 6th-13th. I lucked out and the dealer called me and told me it was there on Monday! Granted I live like 30 minutes from the factory where it was built.

The only downfall is that there was a paint imperfection in the hood so I have to take it back next week for them to repaint it. I was not about to let them keep it for another 3 days...and I had an appointment to get the windows tinted already.

I sure hope you're ready to grin like a kid on Christmas...it's been 4 days and I haven't stopped yet!
Literally hitting up co-workers as I type this trying to find people who normally bus that want a ride to work on Monday... Just cause ya know, need an excuse to spend more time behind the wheel!

·
Registered
36 Posts
It's definitely higher quality than the crappy stock BPV. And it's LOOOOUD. Loudest and best sounding option available (in my opinion..hence why it's still on my car)
So would you pick the Boomba BOV over the TurboSmart 50/50 BOV? Is there any major drawback differences between these two? Doesn't the engine have a BPV? So anything installed not to replace that would affect it negatively?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So would you pick the Boomba BOV over the TurboSmart 50/50 BOV? Is there any major drawback differences between these two? Doesn't the engine have a BPV? So anything installed not to replace that would affect it negatively?
The more you learn :sorry: didn't realize it was a BPV. But Boomba has a BPV that hooks up to the factory vacuum line. I like the Boomba more, there are videos on youtube of how each sounds.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Looks great! Don't get too excited about driving other people, in a few months that's just you waking up early instead of standing in the window with a cup of joe admiring that pretty girl in the driveway.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Looks great! Don't get too excited about driving other people, in a few months that's just you waking up early instead of standing in the window with a cup of joe admiring that pretty girl in the driveway.
Driveway? She's living in the garage.

Only going to be offering rides to people to hit 1k faster so I can be finished breaking it in. Put 100 miles on her yesterday though, so... progress.

·
Registered
13 Posts
HaHa...I'm rushing through the break in too...1 week and just over 600 miles I think I put 150 on it the first night because I drove my friend out to a meet to buy some statue from some guy off craigslist.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts