Discussion Starter · #42 ·
And is this known issue with fitting?
Dump pipe blocks IC pipe

·
Banned
2016 Focus ST2
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
The pipe doesn't clear dump tube, tried to adjust the wastegate orientation still doesn't clear.

I will find longer couplers but that won't solve the clearance issue.

UPDATE:

What a ****ing day, so learned a few things the hard way.
2 types of fuel rails exist, 1 of them has fuel return. e.g Radium. Its pretty straight forward but if you are also trying to install an ethanol sensor, you will need few fittings. In fact I'm planning to buy e85 safe lines and make a shorter line, the one in the kit is long and works for cars without aux fuel.
Now need @Duece McCracken to tell me where to start....

And the JBR pipe, does not fit 3P dump pipe, already banged the **** out of it trying to fit the dump tube. tried to turn the EWG around to fit it no luck.
Ordering a 3P pipe now.

·
Administrator
12,602 Posts
The pipe doesn't clear dump tube, tried to adjust the wastegate orientation still doesn't clear.

I will find longer couplers but that won't solve the clearance issue.

UPDATE:

What a ****ing day, so learned a few things the hard way.
2 types of fuel rails exist, 1 of them has fuel return. e.g Radium. Its pretty straight forward but if you are also trying to install an ethanol sensor, you will need few fittings. In fact I'm planning to buy e85 safe lines and make a shorter line, the one in the kit is long and works for cars without aux fuel.
Now need @Duece McCracken to tell me where to start....

And the JBR pipe, does not fit 3P dump pipe, already banged the **** out of it trying to fit the dump tube. tried to turn the EWG around to fit it no luck.
Ordering a 3P pipe now.

*checks paypal, no new deposits...

Reactions: W4R

·
Administrator
12,602 Posts

·
Administrator
12,602 Posts

·
Administrator
12,602 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,514 Posts
Between 2500 and 4000 afr is lean but this is only revision 2. Everything looks great for being fresh off the base file.

Reactions: W4R

·
Banned
2016 Focus ST2
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Between 2500 and 4000 afr is lean but this is only revision 2. Everything looks great for being fresh off the base file.
YES! and you can feel it while driving. Let's see what the next revisions bring.

·
Banned
2016 Focus ST2
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Here is REV 3 datalog. Please check it out and give your input :) helps me learn what to monitor and get a better understanding :)

Also bonus pic (look at all the colors :) )

·
Registered
90 Posts

·
Banned
2016 Focus ST2
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Be prepared for sticker shock. Lol!
You also need one of their "slim lockouts" to use this knob. 🤮
Shift knob:

Slim reverse lockout:

I have another one of their shift knobs and the reverse lockout, and they are really nice quality...decide for yourself if the cost is worth it lol!
(My vote is yes!)
It looks sweet!
I'm sure its worth it and they look like quality products, but at the moment I have too many performance mods on the WTB list. Plus few essentials e.g new master cylinder with sensor, DP mount, few mods for the brakes.

·
Banned
2016 Focus ST2
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 · (Edited)
OK so my tuner told me I have a boost leak, which I was suspecting. I do hear a nice whistle sound as I step on the gas without going into too much boost. I brushed it off to cool turbo sounds, but it might be a leak.

Well here we go chasing leaks... wish me luck. I have to wait longer to enjoy 29PSI of boost
:(

Edit: anyone with an EWG? Can you confirm if a fire ring goes around the outlet of the wastegate? I have a feeling I'm missing that. I see a part TiAL P/N: MVSFLO (001992). Right now the held by a flange to the wastegate. Or maybe I'm confused.

nvm they connect with a V band flange.

EDIT 2: So I was able to fix my supposed leak in 15 mins. As I always say you make mistakes and learn along the way.
My dumbass still managed route the BCS tee the wrong way. Anyway it was a quick fix. Went on the freeway after the first pull hit 25 PSI and blew the charge pipe off.
Fixed it and was back on the road, easy 24-25 psi now. onto the next stage now.

I should make a better diagram for the routing the lines.

Reactions: Smokin' Joe

·
Banned
2016 Focus ST2
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Alright back on track, here is a vDyno. I was able to do 3 revisions today with Alan.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,514 Posts
Nice! Once he fires up the timing and throttle command, you'll be cookin with gas.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Looking good man! I remember the first time I blew a charge pipe off like 24 hours after my first pro tune... Ever since it's been super easy to recognize, lol.

Why is smoothing on 4? I can barely even read those #'s, but it looks like 287whp & 300 ft/lb torque.

3rd Gear pull? I'm only asking because I'm trying to figure out vDyno baloney. Nothing seems to match up for me, but I haven't been under the car in 2 weeks... Life issue, meh.

·
Banned
2016 Focus ST2
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Idk I think it should have been 3 smoothing. Just started using vdyno properly.
This is technically the first revision where all the issues were solved. Like TurboGT said once he is sure it's all running properly he will change the sauce. I haven't even tapped into extra fueling.

I am keeping all the logs from base map to almost 8 revisions. I wanna map the progress in Vdyno then in the end I will get an appointment with FSwerks for a dyno session.

41 - 60 of 86 Posts