·
Administrator
12,219 Posts
Yep, says MTX75 right in the corners.

Real winner he is...

·
Administrator
12,219 Posts
Last time I checked you had an ST with a Getrag MMT6 6 speed manual, not a SE with a MTX75 5 speed manual like their diagrams show...

Thats not confidence inspiring. Shop doesnt even recognize what they took apart, or what they have.

·
Banned
2016 Focus ST2
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Last time I checked you had an ST with a Getrag MMT6 6 speed manual, not a SE with a MTX75 5 speed manual like their diagrams show...

Thats not confidence inspiring. Shop doesnt even recognize what they took apart, or what they have.
He called me and told me he found this diagram, I told him its an MMT6, He was confused. Now I am trying to find the exact part number of what I really need, I am so freakin confused.

I know I need an input shaft seal. Also a bearing I cant get an exact part # for.

·
Administrator
12,219 Posts
He called me and told me he found this diagram, I told him its an MMT6, He was confused. Now I am trying to find the exact part number of what I really need, I am so freakin confused.

I know I need an input shaft seal. Also a bearing I cant get an exact part # for.
What bearing is he actually requesting? Like location? I can get you numbers.

·
Administrator
12,219 Posts

Also, the synchros are right, he just assembled them wrong. The brass outers are for gears 3-6. You reuse the OEM outers for 1 and 2, replacing the inner friction parts. Hopefully he didnt press on the countershaft bearing with the stack wrong...

·
Banned
2016 Focus ST2
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Also, the synchros are right, he just assembled them wrong. The brass outers are for gears 3-6. You reuse the OEM outers for 1 and 2, replacing the inner friction parts. Hopefully he didnt press on the countershaft bearing with the stack wrong...
I think you just solved the issue, I will forward this to him and the quaife install thread.

Do we have a diagram for MMT6?

·
Banned
2016 Focus ST2
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·

·
Administrator
12,219 Posts
I think you just solved the issue, I will forward this to him and the quaife install thread.

Do we have a diagram for MMT6?
Yes, but that OEM outer in his hand is wrecked. Find out if it's first or second, I may have one in my reserves.

If that outer is wrecked then the shift hub, and gear synchro surfaces are now suspect. Something he should have noticed as well.

Hes not back till the 4th? I will get you diagrams, pics, part numbers, and more bad news later this week.

So hold tight for a day or two. Let me get all this together in a nice, confirmed package for you.

Seems like this shop was going to slam in the synchros with mauled shift hubs. You'd still be grinding, and wreck the new synchros. Have to redo the whole job.

Yeah, just take a breath, let me get all this together, and we can avoid this disaster. Well, not financially, the parts you may need, are not cheap or easy to get.

·
Banned
2016 Focus ST2
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Yes, but that OEM outer in his hand is wrecked. Find out if it's first or second, I may have one in my reserves.

If that outer is wrecked then the shift hub, and gear synchro surfaces are now suspect. Something he should have noticed as well.

Hes not back till the 4th? I will get you diagrams, pics, part numbers, and more bad news later this week.

So hold tight for a day or two. Let me get all this together in a nice, confirmed package for you.

Seems like this shop was going to slam in the synchros with mauled shift hubs. You'd still be grinding, and wreck the new synchros. Have to redo the whole job.

Yeah, just take a breath, let me get all this together, and we can avoid this disaster. Well, not financially, the parts you may need, are not cheap or easy to get.
At this point I am willing to spend the extra $$ to get it done right and get the car running..

I cant even concentrate on my work right now, and you are a life saver!
I will be going to see them in person on Wednesday and inspect the trans and parts and take pictures to show you.

Reactions: beretta96

·
Administrator
12,219 Posts
At this point I am willing to spend the extra $$ to get it done right and get the car running..

I cant even concentrate on my work right now, and you are a life saver!
I will be going to see them in person on Wednesday and inspect the trans and parts and take pictures to show you.
Yes. Pics!

I'll get you a vid of what to inspect, and what a mauled set looks like. So you can get right to the nitty gritty.

The MMt6 trans is only in the Focus ST/RS in the USDM, so finding shops experienced with it is tough.

Shoot me a pm 9pm EST tomorrow. Then I'll go into the garage and get chu what chu need. Im outta town at the moment.

Reactions: W4R

·
Banned
2016 Focus ST2
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
@Duece McCracken

Would this solve the headache? and work with Mfactory LSD since its just seals and bearings we need?

I meant this kit for the ST even though both are same Trans? is this strictly for Quaife LSD?

·
Administrator
12,219 Posts
@Duece McCracken

Would this solve the headache? and work with Mfactory LSD since its just seals and bearings we need?

I meant this kit for the ST even though both are same Trans? is this strictly for Quaife LSD?
It'll work, but thats not going to have the input shaft bearing, or seal. Because the input shaft bearing, and seal should have not been damaged by proper shaft removal.

Really grinds my gears, lol

Did you have any gear grinding before? What gears?

·
Banned
2016 Focus ST2
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
It'll work, but thats not going to have the input shaft bearing, or seal. Because the input shaft bearing, and seal should have not been damaged by proper shaft removal.

Really grinds my gears, lol

Did you have any gear grinding before? What gears?
Only from 2nd to 3rd and slowly 3rd to 4th was starting to grind, But I was double clutching so I wouldn't grind.

True, it should not have been damaged and now I know why he said it would be damaged 99% of the time. Like what? I didn't see that part as a requirement for a trans rebuild.

If it really grinds your gears imagine my situation, after waiting more than 3 months for LSD and this is how LSD install goes, SMH.

Took it to a pro so that I dont make these mistakes and look where I am. fml

·
Administrator
12,219 Posts
Only from 2nd to 3rd and slowly 3rd to 4th was starting to grind, But I was double clutching so I wouldn't grind.

True, it should not have been damaged and now I know why he said it would be damaged 99% of the time. Like what? I didn't see that part as a requirement for a trans rebuild.

If it really grinds your gears imagine my situation, after waiting more than 3 months for LSD and this is how LSD install goes, SMH.

Took it to a pro so that I dont make these mistakes and look where I am. fml
Well, i'll give you all the info, and maybe he's just a little confused and everything is alright.

Not to throw more fuel on the fire, but is he machining his own shims for the diff preload? Or is he just whipping it in?

·
Banned
2016 Focus ST2
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Well, i'll give you all the info, and maybe he's just a little confused and everything is alright.

Not to throw more fuel on the fire, but is he machining his own shims for the diff preload? Or is he just whipping it in?
most likely whipping it in, I directed him to the install thread and mentioned we would need to shim it, so this is also a blessing in disguise I guess? Gives me a chance to get the shims.
I will ask if he can machine it, he builds Honda engines and did say he used Mfactory on his Honda's.

Well time to look into rentals. You can borrows other people cars to a limit.

I remember a thread where someone posted shim sizes even a link to it. cant find it now.

·
Administrator
12,219 Posts
most likely whipping it in, I directed him to the install thread and mentioned we would need to shim it, so this is also a blessing in disguise I guess? Gives me a chance to get the shims.
I will ask if he can machine it, he builds Honda engines and did say he used Mfactory on his Honda's.

Well time to look into rentals. You can borrows other people cars to a limit.

I remember a thread where someone posted shim sizes even a link to it. cant find it now.

You can use an internet browser with the index, then print out the trans internals diagrams.

All the shims, lol

preload!!!

A good thread, trans info.

some of my own info.

Reactions: W4R

·
Banned
2016 Focus ST2
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·

This is a good day to bump this thread and in a couple of weeks, Yoda will be pushing over 400 whp!

·
Banned
2016 Focus ST2
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Alright so I received this AAwireless after waiting for a year.
I am disappointed to report I had issues with my device but then a few firmware updates solved the issue (hardware)
I have Sync 3 issues (most likely due to dirty flash) Everyone else with Sync 3 says it works flawlessly.
I might need to upgrade my USB ports.

So what this simply does is gives you the wireless AA feature. You plug this little device in and every time you get in your car, your Andriod Auto connects to your car wirelessly. Just like the name itself implies.

I gave it to a friend since it's useless for me. Then I went ahead and installed a bunch of other tools.

How to install apps for Android Auto that Google hasn't approved

Now I can mirror my phone to the head unit and I can even play any console game on it. pretty cool!
also, check out carstream.
and you don't need to root your phone for any of these features.

I will post videos and pics of this in action.

Reactions: TurboGT

·
Banned
2016 Focus ST2
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Need help with fuel line install.
Since I'm installing ethanol sensor do I need a T or is there a fitting in missing?

21 - 40 of 86 Posts